Husband: Anubhav Gupta
Age: 31 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||16 August 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|School||• Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai
• Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
|College/University||• Yale University
• Harvard Business School, Boston
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor's in Applied Mathematics from Yale University (2008-2012)
• MBA from Harvard Business School, Boston (2015-2017)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing football|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||29 November 2019|
|Parents||Father- Sanjay Nayar (chairman of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.)
Mother- Falguni Nayar (CEO of Nykaa)
|Siblings||Brother- Anchit Nayar (twin; CEO of Beauty E-Commerce at Nykaa)
|Book||"Pour Your Heart into It" by Howard Schultz|
|Fashion Brand||NA-KD Fashion|
|Quote||“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adwaita Nayar
- Adwaita Nayar is an Indian businesswoman. She is the daughter of Falguni Nayar, the founder of the beauty and lifestyle retail company ‘Nykaa.’ In 2018, Adwaita was appointed as the CEO of ‘Nykaa Fashion,’ an extended branch of the company that sells fashion products.
- During her bachelor’s degree, she got enrolled herself in an internship at an international NGO named ‘CARE’ in Tanzania in 2009, where she worked for three months.
- In 2010, she joined ‘Citigroup Inc.’ in London, United Kingdom, as an intern in the Industrials Investment Banking team.
- In 2011, she started working as an
- In 2012, Nayar started working at the ‘
- Nayar worked as an associate consultant at the ‘
- While working at ‘Bain & Company,’ Nayar’s mother introduced her to the idea of an online beauty-oriented retail start-up after which she decided to give up the corporate world and made up her mind to step into business. In 2013, she returned to India and joined her mother’s online beauty-oriented retail start-up, Nykaa.
- In 2018, she launched a new branch, Nykaa Fashion, of the company, and was appointed as its CEO. The new branch sells the fashion products such as clothing, footwear, and accessories, which comprised almost 25% of its parent company’s business.
- Within one year of the launch of ‘Nykaa Fashion,’ she grew the platform 12ox. She later decided to expand the business by opening offline stores across the city. She visited various cities to know about the market and consumer tastes in different regions and by 2023, she had succeeded in establishing more than 140 stores in India.
- The multi-brand company ‘Nykaa Fashion’ features more than 2000 international and national fashion brands and has launched some of its own brands such as 20 Dresses, RSVP, Mixt, Likha, and Pipa Bella.
- In an interview, she was asked about her leadership style in business to which she replied and said,
I define it as leading with equal measure: of a strong mind and a soft heart. Empathy is a big part of leadership and bringing that degree of understanding, mentorship and caring for people is my style.
- Adwaita Nayar was named by The Economic Times in the list of “ET 40 Under Forty: India Inc’s Top Young Leaders” in 2021.
Forbes India listed Nayar on the list of “Tycoons of Tomorrow” in 2021.
- In November 2022, the magazine ‘Entrepreneur India’ featured her on its digital cover.