Some Lesser Known Facts About Indra Nooyi
- Does Indra Nooyi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Indra Nooyi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in a conservative Tamil family in Madras (now Chennai) in the State of Tamil Nadu in India.
- Her father was an employee of State Bank of Hyderabad.
- Her grandfather was a Civil Judge.
- She was raised by her mother along with her sister and in an interview, she revealed that every night at the dinner table, her mother asked them to write a speech about what we would do if we were Chief Minister, Prime Minister or President.
- In her childhood, she was a rebellious young girl and was known to be “wild”.
- She has been a member of the All-Girls Cricket Team.
- She also used to play guitar in a band.
- While studying at the Yale University, she worked as a receptionist from midnight till sunrise.
- Indra Nooyi’s 1st job was with Mettur Beardsell, Ltd, which was a British Textile Company and after that she worked as the Product Manager at the Johnson & Johnson.
- She also worked at the Boston Consulting Group for 6 months.
- From 1986 to 1990, she worked as the Vice President of Motorola.
- Indra Nooyi joined PepsiCo in the year 1994 and became its president and CFO in 2001.
- She led the acquisition of Tropicana in 1998.
- She was appointed the 5th CEO of PepsiCo in 2006.
- In 2007, Indian Government honored her with Padma Bhushan.
- She is a pure vegetarian.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡