|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Debut||Comedy Video: UP is the Texas of India|
|Date of Birth||6 January 1992 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Dropout from Engineering College Deadant|
|Controversy||In 2019, she passed a joke on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in one of her stand-up comedy videos. Her joke was,
This Shivaji statue is an amazing masterstroke by Prime Minister Modi Ji. It will have solar cells that will power all of Maharashtra. It will also have GPS tracker and it will shoot laser rays out of its eyes to shoot Pakistani terrorists in the Arabian sea.”
She was brutally trolled by the netizens for passing such a joke. Anil Deshmukh, the then home minister of Maharashtra tweeted,
I have instructed CP [Commissioner of Police] Mumbai and IG [Inspector General] Cyber to take legal action expeditiously. I urge everyone to maintain calm and law will take its course.”
Later, she apologised on her Twitter account.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Works in the Indian Army)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Agrima Joshua
- Agrima Joshua is an Indian stand-up comedian.
- She was introduced to stand-up comedy by one of her friends. In an interview, she said,
The Hive, thankfully, was an intimate room back then. Everyone knew everyone and they were all very welcoming. So, it was like goofing up in front of your own friends instead of total strangers. And that’s what kept me coming back every Monday for the open mics.”
- She has participated in various comedy shows.
- She owns a digital marketing agency.
- When she was asked, “Do you have any rituals before you go up on stage?” during an interview, she said,
I come out and listen to music. And I generally have a cup of coffee before going up on stage.”
- In an interview, she recalled the first joke she had performed that got a laugh,
This one joke that I developed, and I was really proud of was: Hitler happened because his dad was so disapproving of him. His dad looked at him one day and said, “will you be successful at anything? Will you start something and finish it? Would you even finish a race?” And Hitler said, “Challenge accepted.
- In an interview, she shared the best advice she got from a fellow comedian, she said,
It was from [Kunal] Kamra. He said that comedy is democratic. You will have to put yourself out there to know if it’s working or not. You can’t judge yourself. Let the audience decide.”
- She is a die-heart fan of the Pakistani actor, Fawad Khan.
- She received rape threats from Shubham Mishra, a man from Gujarat on 11 July 2020. He posted a video on his Instagram account in which he was abusing Agrima for making jokes about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in one of her comedy videos in 2019. After a series of complaints, the Vadodara City Police detained him and tweeted,
Vadodara City Police took suo moto action in respect of an abusive, threatening video which was uploaded and shared on Social media by Shubham Mishra. We have detained him and initiated legal process for registration of FIR against him under relevant section of IPC and IT act.”