|Full name||Fawad Afzal Khan Twitter- Fawad Khan|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, Singer, Producer, and Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV Drama (Pakistani): ‘Jutt and Bond’ (2001) as Bond
Telefilm (Pakistani): ‘Aaj Kuch Na Kaho’ (2010) in the lead role
Film (Pakistani): ‘Khuda Kay Liye’ (2007) as Sarmad
Film (Bollywood): ‘Khoobsurat’ (2014) as Vikram Singh Rathore
Music Album (Urdu): ‘Irtiqa' (2003) along with his band Entity Paradigm
Single (Urdu): “Shor Macha" (2010) along with his band Entity Paradigm
|Awards & Achievements||Lux Style Awards
2008: Best Actor for the Pakistani film Khuda Ke Liye
2013: Best Actor-Satellite for the Pakistani TV drama Humsafar
2014: Best Actor-Satellite for the Pakistani TV drama Zindagi Gulzar Hai
Pakistan Media Awards
2011: Best Actor-Satellite for the Pakistani TV drama Dastaan
2013: Best Onscreen Couple (with Mahira Khan) for the Pakistani TV drama Humsafar
2013: Hum Honorary Phenomenal Serial Award for the Pakistani TV drama Humsafar
2014: Best Actor-Popular for the Pakistani TV drama Zindagi Gulzar Hai
2014: Best Onscreen Couple-Jury (with Sanam Saeed) for the Pakistani TV drama Zindagi Gulzar Hai
2014: Best Onscreen Couple Popular (with Sanam Saeed) for the Pakistani TV drama Zindagi Gulzar Hai
2015: International Icon of The Year
BIG Star Entertainment Awards
2014: Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut-Male for the Hindi film Khoobsurat
2015: Best Male Debut for the Hindi film Khoobsurat
2017: Best Supporting Actor for the Hindi film Kapoor & Sons
ARY Film Awards
2016: International Icon of The Year
2014: 3rd in Times 50 Most Desirable Men
2015: Most Beautiful Man by Vogue Beauty Awards
2016: Listed in Times Most Desirable Man
2016: Third on Eastern Eye 50 Sexiest Asian Men
2017: Sixth in 50 Sexiest Asian Men In The World by Eastern Eye
Note: He has received many more awards.
|Date of Birth||29 November 1981 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|School||• An American school Desi Martini
• Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Pakistan
|College/University||National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Pakistan
• Software Engineering from the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan Forbes India The Express Tribune
|Caste||Pathan or Pashtun Dawn Images The Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Hindustan Times|
|Controversy||Criticed for Making Inappropriate Comments on Indians
In 2016, after the URI attack, Indian Motion Picture Producers Association put a ban on all Pakistani artists from working in India. There were speculations that post the ban, when Fawad returned to his country he denied to say anything about URI attack, however, made a demeaning comment on Indians. He said,
"Indian person’s heart is so small.”
After hearing Fawad's remarks, many Indians started targeting him on Twitter which heated up the things. DNA India One of the tweets read,
"It's time for Bollywood to stand with the jawans of this country and ban Pakistani actors like Fawad Khan. Please respond to #UriAttack."
Later, Fawad cleared the rumours and said,
"This is the first time I have spoken on the matter. Please disregard any other words attributed to me during this time because I have not said them. I thank all my fans and fellow artists from Pakistan, India and people in general all over the world who have shown continued support for their belief in love and understanding to unite a divisive world.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 November 2005
|Children||Son- Aayaan Khan
Daughter- Elayna Khan and Bia Khan
|Parents||Father- Afzal Khan (born in Patiala, British India, now Punjab, India; worked in a pharmaceutical company)
Mother- Name Not Known (born in Lucknow, British India, now Uttar Pradesh, India)
• Aliya (elder; works as an architect)
• Sana (younger; works as a physician)
|Food||Rishi Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan|
|Food||Butter Chicken, Chicken Biryani, Karela|
|Salary/Income (approx.)||• Rs 1 crore per film as of 2021 The Indian Nation
• Rs 3 lakh per TV serial episode Lens
Some Lesser Known Facts About Fawad Khan
- Fawad Khan is a popular Pakistani actor, singer, model, film producer, and screenwriter, who came into the limelight with the Pakistani dramas ‘Humsafar’ (2011) and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’ (2012). He received appreciation for playing a closeted homosexual in the Hindi film ‘Kapoor & Sons’ (2016).
- Due to his father’s transferable job, Fawad grew up in different cities across the globe including Athens, Dubai, Riyadh, and Manchester.
- When Fawad was 13 years old, he shifted back to Pakistan along with his family.
- Fawad once served as the head boy of his school. He was often bullied by his schoolmates because of his shy nature. During an interview, while talking about the same, Fawad said,
I was picked on and I was bullied in school. Now I look at it in a very funny way, I studied in an American school and the idea of brown and white people just didn’t mix too well, I think,” I was kind of bullied that way as well, and also because I was the quiet one in the class. I don’t like confrontation, I avoid it. I hate arguments. I actually don’t know what I was doing in school. I think I daydreamed and slept my way through classes.”
- At the age of 16, while he was studying at Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Pakistan, he met his wife Sadaf, who was studying in the girl’s wing of the same school. Fawad had a crush on her, but he was shy to express his feelings. So, he first added Sadaf to his social media account and started chatting with her. Soon, they became good friends. During an interview, while sharing an old incident, he said that when he was 17, he met with an accident, and while he was admitted to the hospital, his friends came to visit him and told him that Sadaf was asking about him. At that time, Fawad realised that Sadaf too had some feelings for him. After he was discharged from the hospital, he asked Sadaf for a meeting. A few days later, they both met, and after a few days, Fawad proposed to her. Sadaf accepted the proposal, and they started dating each other. After completing their schooling, they took admission to different colleges. Fawad used to wait for Sadaf at her college’s gate after her lectures got over, and he was so consistent that once gatekeeper of the college thought he was alumni of the same college. While they were pursuing graduation, they decide to get married.
- Initially, Sadaf’s parents rejected Fawad’s marriage proposal as he was working in a music band. In order to convince her parents, Fawad decided to opt for a 9-5 job. After convincing Sadaf’s parents, Fawad and Sadaf had a nikah ceremony in Karachi on 12 November 2005.
- While Fawad Khan was performing in the Urdu adaptation of Spartacus play, he was spotted by a Pakistani TV director. Fawad was 17 years old at that time. After almost two years, the TV director called Fawad and asked him to act in the TV serial ‘Jutt and Bond’ (2001). In an interview, while remembering those days, Fawad said,
Two years later, he called me to say that he was directing a sitcom and asked if I’d like to be in it. He told me I would make Rs 3,000 per episode. I quickly did the mental math and realised I would be taking home a cool Rs 12,000 Pakistani rupees. I felt like a king When I did join the industry, I did it with a heavy heart. I used to find TV sub-standard and thought no one watched it. But when my shows received a mad response, I realised I needed to pull my socks up and take this medium seriously.”
- In college, Fawad formed a music band named ‘Paradigm’ which became quite popular in Pakistan. Another music band which was gaining popularity in Pakistan from 1994 to 2000, was ‘Entity’ with Ahmad Ali Butt as the lead singer. Fawad and Ahmad Ali were roped for the same TV serial ‘Jutt and Bond’ in 2001. Once, the director of ‘Jutt and Bond’ asked them to compose a title track for the TV drama. In 2002, Fawad and Ahmad’s bands collaborated to release the title track “Hamein Aazma.” Later, they send the song in the audition round of ‘Pepsi Battle of the Bands’ and got selected. They collaborated as a single music band and participated in the contest with the band name ‘Entity Paradigm.’ The band was placed second in the contest.
- On 20 September 2002, ‘Entity Paradigm’ gave its first live performance at Lahore Grammar School, Gulberg, Pakistan. In the same year, ‘Entity Paradigm’ signed a contract with Pepsi for a year. In 2003, the band released its first music album ‘Irtiqa.’ The album included the songs “Fitrat,” “Kahan Hai Tu,” “Hamein Aazma,” and “Hamesha.”
- On 9 June 2007, the band announced their disbandment as the members of the band started focusing on their alternative careers. After almost two years, on 12 March 2009, the band reunited; while some old members continued to be a part of the band, some new members also joined it.
- In 2010, ‘Entity Paradigm’ performed in Coke Studio season 3, and in the same year, the band released its first single “Shor Macha.”
- Fawad Khan left the band in 2012 to focus on his acting career.
- Some of his popular Pakistani TV dramas are ‘Satrangi’ (2008), ‘Daastan’ (2010), ‘Akbari Asghari’ (2011), ‘Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan’ (2011), and ‘Numm’ (2013).
- He rose to fame with the Pakistani TV dramas ‘Humsafar’ (2011) and ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’ (2012).
- He has also appeared in Pakistani telefilms like ‘Aaj Kuch Na Kaho’ (2010), ‘Behadd’ (2013), and ‘Armaan’ (2013).
- Apart from TV dramas, he has made cameo appearances in a few Pakistani films such as ‘Ho Mann Jahaan’ (2016), ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2’ (2018), and ‘Parey Hut Love’ (2019).
- Fawad has gained immense popularity in India as well. In 2016, he acted in popular Hindi films like ‘Kapoor & Sons’ and ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.’
- He is actively involved in various social services. He attended Islamic Relief USA fundraisers in San Jose and Washington, D.C., in 2015, to raise funds for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Lahore, Pakistan. He has donated funds to various charity organisations in Pakistan.
- In 2015, Fawad and his wife attended a tree plantation event at Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre in Peshawar, Pakistan. During an interview, while talking about the same, he said,
I have been participating in the fundraising campaigns for Shaukat Khanum Hospital since my childhood. I take great pride in giving back to the community and offer my support for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre in Peshawar.”
- He has also worked as a model. He has walked the ramp for many ace Pakistani fashion designers like Munib Nawaz in 2010, Umar Sayeed in 2012, and for the Republic by Omar Farooq in 2015.
- Fawad and his wife launched a women’s clothing line Silk by Fawad Khan’ in August 2012, and the debut collection of the brand was showcased in Lahore, Pakistan.
- He was featured in the Pakistani song “Urain Ge” (2015) by Ali Zafar along with other Pakistani celebrities like Mahira Khan, Sanam Saeed, Humaima Malick, Ali Azmat, and Mehreen Raheel. The song is a tribute to the victims of the Peshawar school attack (2014).
- He has been the brand ambassador for many popular brands like Suzuki Vitara, Pepsi, Samsung, and Lay’s. In 2016, he was selected as the brand ambassador for the Islamabad United cricket team, a cricket team in the Pakistan Super League.
- He judged the Pakistani TV series Pepsi Battle of the Bands along with Atif Aslam and Meesha Shafi in 2017.
- He has sung “Khel Deewano Ka” the official anthem of the Pakistan Super League (2019).
- Fawad Khan enjoys watching cartoons on TV with his children.
- After he was detected with type 1 diabetes, he left playing cricket and tennis.
- He is the first Pakistani to feature on the cover page of Filmfare magazine. He was featured on Filmfare magazine cover in September 2014 and October 2015 editions.
- In 2018, while he was performing Hajj to Mecca with his family, he was invited to the annual Hajj lunch by King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.
- Fawad Khan once talked about his smoking habit. He said,
In my case, I used to smoke in school. We’d hide behind the swimming pool to smoke. There used to be pipes there with raw and unfinished concrete on it. We’d swim, come out, take a puff and go back again. Once, when I was standing against these concrete pipes, I got scratches and cuts. But I jumped back into the swimming pool. The water had not been treated that day. I developed a terrible infection. I lost 10 kilos. That’s when I realised that I was diabetic.”