Some Lesser Known Facts About Amal Clooney
- Does Amal Clooney smoke?: Not Known
- Does Amal Clooney drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Amal Clooney is considered one of the best lawyers in the World. Her clients include Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, in his fight against extradition. She has also represented the former prime minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko, and Egyptian-Canadian journalist Mohamed Fahmy.
- She turned down a position with the UN. The UN formed a three-member commission to investigate possible violations of the rules of war in Gaza. Amal was offered a slot but declined due to her workload, saying in a statement: “I am horrified by the situation in the occupied Gaza Strip… I am honoured to have received the offer, but given existing commitments — including eight ongoing cases — unfortunately could not accept this role. I wish my colleagues who will serve on the commission courage and strength in their endeavors.”
- On her first meeting with American Actor George Clooney, George tried to woo her a lot. He gave his number to her but she refused. George resorted to emailing her, in the third time Amal accepted his proposal to be married.
- AMAL is fluent in English, Arabic, and French.
- She sometimes writes for The Huffington Post.
- In 2013, Amal landed on the number one spot of London’s Hottest Barrister list.
- She doesn’t tolerate fashion questions in the courtroom. Amal isn’t afraid to let people know she is a serious human rights lawyer and not just a fashion icon married to George Clooney. She delivered a brilliant smack down to a journo when he asked what she was wearing at the start of an appeal before the European Court of Human Rights.