|Profession(s)||Stand-up Comedian, Freelance Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Open Mic: Stein Auditorium (2014)
YouTube: Indian Mid Twenties Issue, Parents & Marriage (2014)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Iconic Achievers Award in 2019 for 'Most Promising Stand-Up Comedian of the Year'|
|Date of birth||5 September|
|Age (as of 2020)||Not Known|
|School||The Mother's International School|
|College/University||• Delhi Vishwavidyalaya
• Delhi School of Economics
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Business Economics (2005 - 2008) LinkedIn
• Master's degree in International Business (2010 - 2012) LinkedIn
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Controversy||In April 2017, Abijit Ganguly accused Kapil Sharma of plagiarism saying that he had used one of his jokes in his 100th episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show.' Later, Kapil Sharma's fans abused Abijit Ganguly on social media platforms, and in response, Abijit mocked Kapil Sharma's fans for thrashing him for the plagiarism episode. Mid-Day|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 February 2016 (Monday)
|Wife||Nidhi Shah (Artist)
|Parents||Father- Rama Prasad Ganguly
Mother- Shefali Ganguly
|Siblings||Brother- Aidityo Ganguly
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abijit Ganguly
- Abijit Ganguly is an Indian stand-up comedian, freelance writer, and YouTuber who is well known for his observational humour. The stand-up sets performed by him are based on observational humor with occasional self-deprecation and political satire.
- Abijit Ganguly was born in Bengaluru and raised in Delhi. He completed his formal education at Delhi University. In 2012, he pursued his master’s degree in International Business from the Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
- Abijit tried his hand at comedy for the first time in 2010 at an open mic that was organized by the comedy collective Cheese Monkey Mafia in Delhi. After his first performance, people liked his content, and he started getting more shows at pubs, bars, and corporate events. After completing his master’s degree in 2012, Abhijit worked as a business analyst with Deloitte India till 2014. Stand-up comedy was a part-time thing for him; however, after 2014, he started pursuing comedy as a full-time profession.
- Abijit performed at different branches of the Canvas Comedy Club, and at That Comedy Club Banglore. He has also done tours of different cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Shillong, Nagpur, etc. Abijit has also performed in Dubai, Nepal, Australia, and Tanzania.
- Abijit was introduced to stand-up comedy when he was pursuing his master’s degree in Delhi where he attended an event at the Indian Habitat Centre. He said-
I used to attend a lot of theatre at the India Habitat Centre, one day I accidentally saw the performance of Abish Mathew and I was blown away. I enjoyed the show so much that I mailed the organiser of the show asking if I could try my luck at it. Surprisingly, he wrote back inviting me for an open mic, and that is how the journey began,”
- Pursuing comedy as a full-time profession was a dream when Abijit entered the field of stand-up comedy. He worked at a corporate firm for a while; however, he left the job after his income from his comedy gigs became equal to that of the salary that he received from his corporate job.
- Abijit started performing more stand-up gigs in different cities and along with this, he started uploading snippets of his shows on YouTube. He uploaded his first video on his YouTube channel on 27 November 2014. The title of the video was ‘Indian Mid Twenties Issue, Parents & Marriage.’
- Abijit has done more than 500 shows, and he had a long journey from performing at open mics in cafes to touring around the world to perform his individual sets. In an interview with The Hindu, Abijit talked about how he kept on improving. He said,
Getting famous is just the first step. Once you have established yourself there is the constant urge to keep getting better . If I should look back at a video I uploaded three years ago and do not feel I need to improve on it, then I am not honing my skills. And the day you stop getting better at your art is the day you have lost it,”
- In 2016, Abijit Ganguly was invited as a TEDx speaker in IIT Delhi (Indian Institute of Technology) where he talked about how taking the road less traveled is totally okay. During the TED talk, Abijit talked about his experiences in the stand-up comedy industry and what inspires him to write new sets.
- In 2019, Abijit received the Iconic Achievers Award for ‘Most Promising Stand-up Comedian of the Year.’
- Abijit has done various sketches for his YouTube channel as well. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Abijit started hosting online sessions of stand-ups via Zoom video calls. He also started a series on his YouTube channel where he invites his friends through a Zoom video call and asks them random questions. The name of the series is ‘The Kaafi Random Quiz.’