Education: MA In Mass Communication
Wife: Saloni Sablok
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|School||Ravindra Public School Pitampura, Delhi|
|College/University||• Tecnia Institute Of Advanced Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
• Delhi University
• Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) from Tecnia Institute Of Advanced Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
• Post Graduation Diploma in Public Relations from Delhi University
• MA in Mass Communication from Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar Facebook- Aman Chopra Samachar4media
|Controversy||Peddled Fake News: In April 2022, the Rajasthan Police registered two separate FIRs against News18 anchor Aman Chopra for promoting religious animosity by peddling fake news. Reportedly, he compared the demolition of a 300-year-old temple in Alwar to the partial demolition of a mosque in Jahangirpuri while hosting a live show. During the show, he said, "The revenge of Jahangirpuri by attacking Mahadev. Please listen to me carefully what I am about to say.”
He added, "Could this be a coincidence two days ago, a bulldozer was used on the premises of a mosque in Jahangirpuri and today three temples were demolished in Rajasthan’s Alwar. One temple was 300 years old. Was it to avenge Jahangirpuri?”
Chopra ignored the fact that the temple was razed at the behest of the BJP-run municipal corporation in Alwar. Soon after the show was broadcast, #ArrestAmanChopra started trending on Twitter. The FIRs for the cognizable offence have been registered in the Bundi and Dungarpur districts under sections 153 (Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony), 295 (Injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class), 295-A (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings), 120 B (Punishment of criminal conspiracy), 124 A (Sedition) and 67 (Imprisonment for non-payment of fine).
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2014|
|Wife/Spouse||Saloni Sablok (Head Designer at Designoholic)
|Children||Son- Kabir Chopra
|Parents||Father- Virender Chopra (interior designer)
Mother- Rita Chopra
Sister- Shruti Chopra Sachdeva
|Quote||“It’s better 2 fight 4 something…Then living 4 nothing…”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aman Chopra
- Aman Chopra is an Indian journalist.
- Aman developed an interest in acting at a young age. While he was in college, he actively took part in plays.
- He also worked as a freelance anchor in his college days.
- Aman Chopra began his career by working for print media.
- He also worked for a PR agency briefly and later, shifted to electronic media.
- In electronic media, he began his career as a news reporter with IBN7 (now News18 India).
- After working at IBN7 for a while, Chopra joined ‘CNEB.’ He worked there for around four years.
- He has also worked as a news anchor at Rajya Sabha TV and News Express.
- Aman was associated with ABP News for around five years. At ABP, he worked on different kinds of bulletins like ‘Aaj Ki Tarikh,’ ‘ Ghanti Bajao,’ ‘Rath Yatra,’ and ‘Kaun Banega Mukhyamantri.’ Having a good hold on political news, Aman hosted a political debate at 7 pm every day on ABP News.
- In November 2017, he joined Zee News as a Senior News Anchor and worked there for around four years. On Zee News, he hosted shows like ‘Taal Thok Ke.’
- In September 2021, Aman joined News18 as a news reporter and news editor.
- He has also worked with the Trinity Institute Of Professional Studies, Delhi, Arena Animation, Delhi, Aakriti Art & Animation, Noida, and Net4News.
- Chopra is a social drinker.
- In 2019, he received a Star Performer of the Year Award from Zee News.
- He is experienced in the field of Print, PR Agencies, and Electronic Media for around 20 years.