Education: Diploma In Music
Age: 39 Years
|Real Name||Richa Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||29 August 1980|
|Age (as in 2020)||40 Years|
|Birth Place||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|College||Gandharv Mahavidyalaya, Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Diploma in Music|
|Debut||Debut Song : Film- Salma Pe Dil Aa Gaya (1996)
|Awards, Honours||• Mirchi Music Award for Female Vocalist of The Year for the song ‘Sajdaa’ from the film “My Name is Khan” (2010)
• Indian Telly Award for Best Title Singer for the title track of the show “Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo” (2009)
|Family||Father- Late Pandit Dayashankar Upadhyay
Mother- Late Manorama Devi
|Hobbies||Listening Music, Travelling|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Favourite Actresses||Kajol, Rani Mukerji|
|Favourite Singers||Abida Parveen, Lata Mangeshkar, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Rashid Khan, Salamat Ali Khan, Asha Bhosle|
|Favourite Musicians||Pritam Chakraborty, Salim–Sulaiman, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richa Sharma
- Does Richa Sharma smoke?: Not Known
- Does Richa Sharma drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Richa Sharma is an Indian film playback singer and a devotional singer.
- She took the formal training in Indian classical and light music under the tutelage of Pandit Aaskaran Sharma.
- Richa started singing at the age of 8.
- Sharma was so popular as a singer in Faridabad and Delhi that people used to change the dates of their functions and marriages to suit her date of availability.
- Once, Richa was invited to sing at a function (Mata Ki Chaunki) in Delhi, which was organised by Saawan Kumar Tak. While she was singing, she got noticed by Saawan who liked her voice and gave her a chance to sing in his film.
- She made her musical debut in Bollywood with Sawan Kumar’s film Salma Pe Dil Aa Gaya in 1996.
- She has lent her voice to a number of songs from the hit films including “Taal (1999),” “Zubeidaa (2001),” “Saathiya (2002),” “Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003),” “Baabul (2006),” “Om Shanti Om (2007),” “Singham (2011),” and “Padmaavat(2018).”
- In 2006, she sang Bollywood’s longest track, the Bidaai song, from the film Baabul.
- She has also appeared in many singing reality shows as judge/contestant/host; Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, Dhoom Macha De, Antakshari, etc.
- The first paycheck that she ever received was of Rs. 11.
- Her parents have played a vital role in shaping her career as a singer. When she was young they taught her Bhajans and encouraged her to sing at Mata ka Jagran. Her father used to wake her up early in the morning and helped her to do her practise.
- In 2014, she became the first Indian singer to sing in the “Ottawa Jazz Festival” of Canada.