|Real Name||Amit Mishra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 17 October 2008 vs Australia in Mohali
ODI- 13 June 2003 vs South Africa in Dhaka
T20- 13 June 2010 vs Zimbabwe in Harare
|Jersey Number||#99 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Delhi Daredevils, Haryana, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Railways, Uttar Pradesh, Central Zone|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm legbreak|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• In IPL, Amit Mishra holds the record of 3 hat-tricks, the most by any player.
• Amit Mishra has two 5 wicket hauls to his name: one against Australia in his debut Test match (5/71); the second against Zimbabwe in 2013 (6/48).
|Career Turning Point||Mishra's 5 wicket haul in a match against South Africa A in the year 2007 gathered much needed attention.|
|Date of Birth||24 November 1982|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- SM Mishra (employed by Indian Railways)
Mother- Chandrakala Mishra
Brother- Sanjay Mishra and 2 more
|Controversies||In September 2015, Mishra was arrested by the Bengaluru police, when his friend, Vandana Jain, filed a complaint against him on grounds of physical violence and assault. Mishra was alleged to have thrown a kettle at his woman friend after he found her in his hotel room when he returned to the room after a conditioning camp. However, he was later released on bail.|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Vandana Jain (Co-owner of Bengal Tigers, CCL)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Mishra
- Does Amit Mishra smoke: Not Known
- Does Amit Mishra drink alcohol: Not Known
- Amit Mishra was born in a lower middle class family in Delhi. His father, an employee of Indian railways, had a really tough time raising 7 children.
- Mishra’s mentor & coach, Sanjay Bharadwaj, revealed in an interview that Mishra initially wanted to become a batsman as he was not aware of his natural ability to turn the ball. Notably, Sanjay Mishra has also mentored the likes of Gautam Gambhir and Unmukt Chand.
- Unfortunately, Mishra was ‘overlooked’ by his own state and hence had to make a move to Haryana in the year 2000. Haryana needed a leg spinner at that time and Mishra was the perfect option they were looking for. He was picked in the U-17 team but despite being selected as a spin specialist, Mishra performed with the bat and not with the ball.
- In the very next match, his team bowled Delhi out for just 85. From here he took 55 wickets in the whole season, followed by Ranji trophy, where he took 32 wickets.
- Mishra was initially drafted into the Indian squad for a Test against West Indies in 2002, but was not picked in the playing XI. Thus, his official test debut came 6 years later in the year 2008.
- He became only the third leg-spinner after Vaman Kumar (1961) and Narendra Hirwani (1988) to pick up five wickets in an innings on test debut.
- During India’s tour of Zimbabwe in 2013, Mishra clinched the record for most wickets by any bowler in a 5-match series. The leggie also equaled Indian bowling great Javagal Srinath’s world record for the most wickets in a bilateral ODI series with 18 wickets.
- 2012-13 domestic season was exceptional for Mishra. While playing for Haryana, he scored a mammoth 479 runs with the bat; the highest score of 202 not out coming against Karnataka.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡