Some Lesser Known Facts About Antoine Griezmann
- Does Antoine Griezmann smoke?: Not Known
- Does Antoine Griezmann drink alcohol?: Yes
- Antoine’s maternal grandfather, Amaro Lopes was a Portuguese footballer too and he played for F.C. Paços de Ferreira. He moved to France in 1957 and died when Antoine was still an infant.
- He scored 52 goals grossing over five seasons, playing 201 matches.
- He tried for a lot of clubs while he was playing for his hometown club UF Mâcon. He was rejected all the time because of his thin frame and lightweight.
- It was the match against the youth academy of Paris Saint-Germain in 2005 that brought him under mellow limelight; few clubs noticed him there and he was offered a place in San Sebastián for a week which was extended to another week that ended up in a youth contract.
- He was praised by the Chief Technical Officer – “Ioan Lupescu”. In his praise, Ioan said that “He is a strong team player and has a stable control over the field and the ball. He is versatile and can tackle the front, middle and defensive positions very well.”
- He was selected by public vote to be on the cover of the EA Sports’ game FIFA 16 along Lionel Messi. Antoine was also featured in a Beats by Dr. Dre ad along with Harry Kane, Mario Götze and Cesc Fàbregas.
- Maude his sister is Paris attack survivor that took place at the Bataclan Theatre in November 2015, when Antoine was playing against Germany at the Stade de France.
- He has a tattoo that says ‘make your life a dream, and make your dream a reality’.
- His brother Theo told SoFoot.com, “In the blank pages at the end of his books, I found drawings of him, where he pretended as if he was being interviewed for television channel ‘Canal +’, with questions, answers and everything.”
- It was the scout Eric Olhats who spotted him playing and helped him come into notice.
- He spotted wearing a Spongebob underwear and has been seen wearing a colorful underpants a lot of times. It is rumored that those undergarments are his lucky charm.
- Antoine is considered as one of the top three Euro players and his contract with the champion team Atletico has been renewed till 2021, despite him missing a penalty twice.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)