|Profession(s)||Politician, Psephologist, Professor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 145 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2012-2015)
Swaraj India (2015-Present)
|Political Journey||• In 2011, he joined the nationwide campaign against the corruption.
• Eventually joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), founded by anti-corruption activists.
• He then worked as the National Executive of the party.
• In 2014, he contested (as an AAP candidate) in the Indian General elections from the Gurgaon constituency. He stood fourth in the elections.
• He was voted out on 4 March 2015 from AAP's PAC (Political Affairs Committee).
• He was evicted from the party for alleged "Anti-Party Activities" on 28 March.
• On 14 April 2015, he formed a new political organization, Swaraj India; with Anand Kumar, Ajit Jha, and Prashant Bhushan.
|Date of Birth||5 September 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Saharanwas, Rewari, Haryana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Saharanwas, Rewari, Haryana|
Punjab University, Chandigarh
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. from Rajasthan University
M.A. from JNU
M. Phil. from Punjab University, Chandigarh
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2008: Malcolm Adiseshiah Award for Development Studies
2009: Global South Solidarity Award by the International Political Science Association
|Controversy||₹22 Lakhs were recovered by the Income Tax department from Yogendra Yadav's sisters' clinic in Rewari. Targeting the Modi government, Yogendra claimed that around 100 officials came to raid the hospital and seized the hospital including ICU despite the fact women delivering babies there. He challenged Modi Government to raid him and not to target his family and refuted all the allegations against him stating that he does not know about the accounts of the hospital. As per the reports, officials raided his hospitals; as they received information from the Nirav Modi group that Gautam Yadav (Yogendra's nephew) paid ₹3.25 lakhs out of ₹6.50 lakhs after purchasing jewelry from Nirav Modi's firm.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Madhulika Banerjee (Associate Professor at Delhi University)
|Children||Names Not Known
|Parents||Father- Devendra Singh (Retired Professor Of Economics)
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister(s)- Dr Neelam Yadav, Dr Poonam Yadav
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹3 Crore (As In 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogendra Yadav
- Does Yogendra Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Yogendra Yadav drink alcohol?: Not Known
- When he was 5, his name was changed to Yogendra from Salim because he was being bullied by Hindu children at his school.
- In an interview, on being asked the reason for his change of name, he said “My grandfather was a school headmaster. He was killed trying to stop a Muslim mob from entering the school. My father was seven years old then. He also witnessed another massacre during the Partition. It was after that he decided to give his children Muslim names.”
- He has been a professor of political science at Punjab University (1985-1993).
- He founded the Lokniti network in 1995-2000.
- He has been a political commentator on a number of channels and has analyzed elections on a number of television networks like Doordarshan, NDTV, and CNN-IBN.
- In 2004, he became a senior member of the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS).
- He acted as an advisor to Rahul Gandhi in 2009 elections.
- In 2010, he served as a member of the National Advisory Council for the implementation of the Right to Education Act.
- In July 2011, his appointment as a member of the UGC (University Grants Commission) was rejected by the Ministry of Human Resource Development; as they considered his involvement with the political party AAP as a conflict in interest.
- When Yadav was ousted from the political party AAP in 2015 after the alleged Anti-Party Activities charges, Anna Hazare went on to meet Arvind Kejriwal for suggesting that Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan should not have been thrown out from the party. He advised him that the three should patch up and work together again. In 2017, when Arvind Kejriwal was accused of corruption allegations, Anna Hazare showed his Disappointment towards AAP and Kejriwal.
- He is one of the founding members of Jai Kisan Andolan and Swaraj India.
- He has authored and co-authored many books like Electoral Politics in the Indian States, Democratic Politics – 1 (2006) Chief Advisor with Suhas Palshikar, published by NCERT, the State of Democracy in South Asia (2008) co-authored and co-edited (with Sandeep Shastri and KC Suri), etc. He also has few articles on his credits including “Between fortune and virtue: Explaining Congress’ Ambiguous Victory in 2009”, Principal State-level Contests and Derivative National Choices: Mapping Electoral Trends in India, “The paradox of political representation”, Seminar, October 2008, 2004-2009, Economic and Political Weekly, February 2009, etc.