|Real Name||Tyson Gay|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 43 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Track and field|
|International Debut||2004 when he got his first opportunity to compete in NCAA events.|
|Records (main ones)||• His Personal Best is 9.69 seconds in 100 meter, which makes him the second fastest Sprinter after Usain Bolt.
• His another feat is 19.58 second in 200 meter makes him sixth fastest athlete in that event.
• He has won many international Medals including a gold medal sweep of the 100 m, 200 m and 4 × 100 m relay at the 2007 Osaka World Championships. This made him the second man to win all three events at the same World Championships, after Maurice Greene.
• He is a four-time U.S. champion in the 100 m.
• He is a two-time winner of the Jesse Owens Award, was the 2007 IAAF World Athlete of the Year, won Best Track and Field Athlete for Track & Field News in 2007 and for ESPY Award in 2008 and 2011.
|Career Turning Point||When Gay became Arkansas' first 100 m NCAA champion, setting a school record of 10.06 s.|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1982|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Lexington, Kentucky, U.S|
|School||Lafayette High School (Lexington, Kentucky)|
|College||Barton Community College, College in Great Bend, Kansas|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Greg Mitchell
Mother- Daisy Gay
Brother- Seth Lowe
Sister- Haleigh Lowe
|Controversies||In 2010, he faced one year ban for doping.|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Daughter- Trinity Gay
|Net Worth (approx.)||$12 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tyson Gay
- Does Tyson Gay smoke?: No
- Does Tyson Gay drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Tyson Gay was born in a Athlete Family, he is the only son of Daisy Gay and Greg Mitchell. His Grandmother and mother would run in their school days.
- Gay’s older sister Tiffany was keen sprinter and had a successful school career. Gay later told that he was inspired by his sister and mother.
- In his Amateur career, Gay broke the Lafayette High School stadium record for the 200 meters.
- Gay met Lance Brauman, trainer at 2001 track event and he attended Barton County Community College, where he first met Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown, and the two got fast friendship, becoming training partners.
- In 2007, he began working with a new coach Olympic gold medalist Jon Drummond and in the 2007 World Championship he won the Gold Medal in 100m and 200m.
- Gay holds the US record in the 100 m with 9.69 s, making him the joint second fastest sprinter, along with Yohan Blake, in the history of the event after Usain Bolt.
- In July 2013, he was found positive in doping test. However he admitted it later and blamed it on an unspecified third Party, “I basically put my trust in someone and was let down”.
- In 2014, Gay faced one year ban for doping. Usain Bolt, Jamaican sprinter said that Gay should have been banned for life for what he has done.
- Once His coach Brauman was in prison for fraud, he looked after his coach’s wife and daughter. His mother Daisy married Tim Lowe in 1995, adding two half-siblings, Seth and Haleigh Lowe, to Gay’s family.
- When he was a kid, he joined the St. John Missionary Baptist Church. Once he said,”I’m a religious man, so I really believe in my God-given ability, that I can do the unexpected. I really do believe I can break a record, or come close to it, or win a medal”.
- On October 16, 2016, Gay’s daughter, Trinity, was fatally shot dead in the parking lot of “Cook Out”, a restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky. The 15-year-old, a bystander during a shootout between two cars, was shot in the neck and died at University of Kentucky Medical Center shortly after.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)