|Full name||Anupama Priyadarshani Nadella|
|Nickname||Anu The Economic Times|
|Known For||Being the wife of Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1973|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Hyderabad Public School|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• School education from Hyderabad Public School
• A bachelor's degree in Architecture Engineering from Manipal University The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1992|
|Husband/Spouse||Satyanarayana Nadella (CEO Microsoft)|
|Children||Son- Zain Nadella
Daughters- Divya Nadella and Tara Nadella
|Parents||Father- K R Venugopal (IAS)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupama Nadella
- Anupama Nadella is an Indian woman who is the wife of Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft company. On 28 February 2022, their 26-year-old son Zain Nadella passed away. Zain Nadella was suffering from cerebral palsy.
- In 2020, Anupama Nadella came into the limelight when she donated Rs. 2 crores to provide additional livelihood facilities to women and farmers of the Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh. In the same year, she donated rupees 2 crores to Prime Minister’s relief fund during the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in India.
- Anupama’s father, K R Venugopal, is a retired IAS officer who worked under the former Primer Minister of India, P V Narsimha Rao. K R Venugopal played the important role in implementing the scheme ‘Rupees 2 per kg rice’ for the underprivileged and below the poverty line population in India during his tenure as an IAS officer.
- Anupama Nadella and her husband are part of the ownership group of a Major League Soccer club named ‘Seattle Sounders FC’ in the United States.
- Reportedly, in her thirty-sixth week of pregnancy, Anupama Nadella noticed that there was no movement in the womb. Anupama Nadella, along with Satya Nadella, decided to visit the hospital immediately for a check-up. Soon, the check-up turned into a cesarean section, and their eldest son Zain Nadella came into the world. According to the doctors, at the time of birth, Zain did not cry. At the Children’s Hospital in Seattle, Zain was kept in the intensive care unit. Anupama and Satya were told by the doctors that due to lack of breath in the womb, Zain would suffer from severe Cerebral Palsy throughout his life. Logical Indian
- Reportedly, Anupama Nadella gave up her professional career to take care of her son Zain, who was a child with special needs.
- Later, keeping in mind the situation of their son, Anupama Nadella helped her husband, Satya Nadella, in establishing the Zain Nadella Endowed Chair in the Pediatric Neurosciences Department in the United States.
- Anupama Nadella is an avid dog lover. She has a dog named Winston. In one of her interviews, she stated that it was very important to have a pet at home as she believes that a pet helps the children to connect better with the outside world.
- In a conversation with a media house, Anupama Nadella explained her experience of being a mother of a child with special needs. She said that the upbringing of a child with special needs required to step into the shoes of other parents who were experiencing the same conditions. She said,
Having a child with special needs is isolating. Talking about it opened several doors. This shared experience with similar families was invaluable. In accessing programs for children with disabilities I met exceptional people involved in helping others. This support system not only embraced our family but also taught us to step in to help others — sometimes just by listening.”
- According to Anupama Nadella, her son, Zain Nadella, showed great resilience and strength every time he underwent medical treatment. She stated in an interview that his endurance inspired her a lot. She said that Zain was born with cerebral palsy and spastic quadriplegia and was legally blind. She said,
Families with a child with special needs develop their own way of coping. Our journey, as traumatic as it has been for Zain, has taught my family not just how to cope but also the power of kindness. I learned the empowering art of being kind to others. And it taught me to find that kindness for myself.”
- Anupama Nadella and Satya Nadella met each other at Hyderabad Public School, and Satya Nadella fell in love with her. They both joined Manipal University together soon after finishing their school studies. Later, they got married to each other. Their fathers are retired IAS officers from the same cadre and batch, and they worked under the then Prime Minister of India P V Narasimha Rao.