|Real Name||Pichai Sundararajan|
|Famous For||Being the Cheif Executive Officer of GOOGLE|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 10 inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1972|
|Age (as in 2018)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School(s)||• Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, India
• Vana Vani school located in IIT Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|College/University||• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• Stanford University, California, US
• Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• M. S. in Material Sciences & Engineering from Stanford University, US
• MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching and Playing Football (Soccer) and Cricket, Sketching, Playing Chess|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Pichai (Chemical Engineer)|
|Parents||Father- Regunatha Pichai (Worked as an Electrical Engineer)
Mother- Lakshmi Pichai (Worked as a Stenographer)
|Siblings||Brother- Srinivasan Pichai (Younger)
|Favorite Bollywood Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Sports||Football, Cricket|
|Favorite Football Player||Lionel Messi|
|Favorite Football Club||FC Barcelona|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Newspaper||The Wall Street Journal|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche
|Assets/Properties||A $6.8 million house in Los Altos Hills, California
|Salary (approx.)||$199.7 million (As in 2016) Bloomberg|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.3 billion (As in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sundar Pichai
- Does Sundar Pichai smoke: Not Known
- Does Sundar Pichai drink alcohol: Not Known
- Pichai excelled at cricket while in school. His leadership skills were evident even then, as he was selected the captain of his high school cricket team.
- Pichai not only secured a degree in Metallurgy from one of the most prestigious institutes in India but also managed to earn a scholarship to Stanford University, where he studied materials science and semiconductor physics.
- Since Pichai’s father wasn’t financially well-off, he found it really hard to send his son abroad for studies. However, his father somehow managed to spend $1000 from the family savings so as to cover Pichai’s traveling and additional expenses.
- When he was at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, he was named a Siebel Scholar and a Palmer Scholar, respectively; he was one of the most talented students.
- Only a few people know that Pichai is not an early ‘Googler.’ Before Joining Google in 2004, he worked as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company, which specializes in metallurgy.
- Interestingly, Pichai joined Google the very day Gmail was launched; that is on April 1, 2004.
- Pichai’s wife, Anjali, was his classmate at IIT Kharagpur. The duo had such a strong bonding that even distance and years could not part the future companions.
- Satya Nadella and Pichai both were running for the post of Microsoft’s CEO. However, the former was chosen as the ‘fortunate one.’
- In 2011, Pichai had made up his mind to leave Google and join the lead team at Twitter. Google, fearing loss, offered Pichai a humongous $50 million in stocks and retained him.
- Although he is believed to be one of the most politically correct and neutral executives, he was at constant loggerheads with the former head of Android, Andy Rubin. Eventually, Pichai won the round and Rubin left the Android team to work on a robotics project before eventually exiting Google.
- It is believed that it was none other than Pichai, who proposed the idea of launching a Google web browser to the then CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt. Notably, Google Chrome is now the most popular web browser in the world.
- Pichai is the third and the first non-white CEO of Google after Larry Page and Eric Schmidt.
- Despite being a CEO with a compensation package of around $200 million, Pichai lives in a “modest” 5-bedroom house which has a tennis court and an indoor miniature football field for his son.
- Pichai has been credited with making the Android team more open. Before he took over the charge from Andy Rubin, the Android unit was perceived as a rogue unit within Google.
- The November 2015 floods in Chennai almost turned catastrophic for Pichai’s grandmother who was stuck in a building for 4 days without water, food and cellular connectivity. As the water level rose, his grandmother had to be moved to the second floor of the building.
- Pichai is an avid fan of the football club, FC Barcelona and watches every single match of the club.
References/Sources: [ + ]