|Real Name||Pichai Sundararajan|
|Profession||CEO of Google|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 11 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||12 July 1972|
|Age (as in 2017)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashok Nagar, Chennai
Vana Vani school located in IIT Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|College/Universities||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, West Bengal
Stanford University, California, US
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Educational Qualifications||B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
M. S. in Material Sciences & Engineering from Stanford University, US
MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Family||Father- Regunatha Pichai (used to work as a senior electrical engineer at General Electric)
Mother- Lakshmi (worked as a stenographer)
Brother- 1 (Younger)
|Hobbies||Reading, Sketching, Playing Chess|
|Favorite Bollywood Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Sports||Football, Cricket|
|Favorite Football Club||FC Barcelona|
|Favorite Football Player||Lionel Messi|
|Favorite Cricket Player||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Pichai (Chemical Engineer)|
|Salary (Approx.)||US$ 200 million (as in 2016)|
|House/Estate||US$ 6.8 million house in Brooklyn, New York|
|Net Worth||US$ 650 million house in Brooklyn, New York|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sundar Pichai
- Does Sundar Pichai smoke: Not Known
- Does Sundar Pichai drink alcohol: Not Known
- Pichai excelled at cricket while in school. His leadership skills were evident even then, as he was selected the captain of his high school cricket team.
- He grew up in a 2-room apartment in Chennai; Pichai and his younger brother had no other option than to sleep in the living room.
- Pichai not only secured a degree in Metallurgy from one of the most prestigious institutes in India but also managed to earn a scholarship to Stanford University, where he studied materials science and semiconductor physics.
- Since Pichai’s father wasn’t financially well-off, he found it really hard to send his son abroad for studies. However, his father somehow managed to spend $1000 from the family savings so as to cover Pichai’s traveling and additional expenses.
- Only a few people know that Pichai is not an early ‘Googler’. Before Joining Google in 2004, he worked as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company, which specializes in metallurgy.
- Interestingly, Pichai joined Google the very day Gmail was launched; that is on 1st April 2004.
- Pichai’s wife, Anjali, was his classmate at IIT Kharagpur. The duo had such a strong bonding that even distance and years could not part the future companions.
- Satya Nadella and Pichai both were in the running for the post of Microsoft’s CEO. However, the former was later chosen as the ‘fortunate one.’
- In 2011, Pichai had made up his mind to leave Google and join the lead team at Twitter. Google, fearing loss, offered Pichai a humongous $50 million in stocks and retained him.
- Although believed to be one of the most politically correct and neutral executives, Pichai was at constant loggerheads with the former head of Android, Andy Rubin. Eventually, Pichai won the round and Rubin left the Android team to work on a robotics project before eventually exiting Google.
- It is believed that it was none other than Pichai, who proposed the idea of launching a Google web browser to the then CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt. Notably, Google Chrome is now the most popular web browser in the world.
- Pichai is only the third and the first non-white CEO of Google after Larry Page and Eric Schmidt.
- Despite being a CEO with a compensation package of around $200 million, Pichai lives in a “modest” 5-bedroom house which has a tennis court and an indoor miniature football field for his son.
- Pichai has been credited with making the Android team more open. Before he took over the charge from Andy Rubin, the Android unit was perceived as a rogue unit within Google.
- The November 2015 floods in Chennai almost turned catastrophic for Pichai’s grandmother who was stuck in a building for 4 days without water, food and cellular connectivity. As the water level rose, his grandmother had to be moved to the second floor of the building.