|Real Name||Kokilaben Patel|
|Full Name||Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani|
|Nickname(s)||Kokila, Mataji (fondly called by her family members)|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Dhirubhai Ambani|
|Date of Birth||24 February 1934 TOI|
|Age (as in 2018)||84 Years|
|Birthplace||Nawanagar State, British India (now Jamnagar, Gujarat, India) Mudraa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Nawanagar State, British India (now Jamnagar, Gujarat, India) Mudraa|
|School||Sajuba Girls’ High School, Jamnagar Mudraa|
|Educational Qualification||10th standard Mudraa|
|Address||Antilla, South Mumbai, India
|Hobbies||Reading, Singing Mudraa, Travelling TOI|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1955|
|Husband/Spouse||Dhirubhai Ambani (m. 1932-till his death in 2002)
|Children||Sons- Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani
Daughters- Nina, Dipti
|Daughters-in-law||Nita Ambani (Chairperson, Reliance Foundation)
Tina Ambani (Former Actress)
|Grandchildren||Grandsons- Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
Jai Anshul Ambani, Jai Anmol Ambani
Granddaughter- Isha Ambani (Entrepreneur)
|Parents||Father- Ratilal Jashraj Patel (Worked in a Telegraph Office)
Mother- Rukshmaniben (Homemaker) Mudraa
|Siblings||Brothers- 2 (Names Not Known)
Sisters- 2 (Names Not Known) Mudraa
|Favourite Fashion Designers(s)||Abu Jani- Sandeep Khosla, Sabyasachi Mukherjee|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Switzerland, London|
|Favourite Temple(s)||Dwarkadhish Temple in Jamnagar, Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara TOI|
|Favourite Food||Chorwad meal of roti, dal, dhokli and aatyu TOI|
|Favourite Car||Mercedes-Benz TOI|
|Favourite Colour||Pink TOI|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2.9 billion (as in 2002)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kokilaben Ambani
- Kokilaben was born into a middle-class Gujarati Family.
- Her family was very much into education, as even in that era, her father had taken an interest in their studies.
- After getting married to Dhirubhai Ambani, the couple shifted to Mumbai.
- Dhirubhai played a big role in transforming her from a rural to an urban woman. He insisted her to join English classes so that she won’t have any issues in interacting with people in India and abroad.
- A multispeciality hospital called ‘Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital’ in Mumbai is named after her, which is considered amongst the topmost hospitals in India.
- Being an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna, she is a regular visitor of the Dwarkadhish Temple in Jamnagar and Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara. She also arranges Bhagwat, Ramayana, Mahabharat and other Kathas under the leadership of a Hindu spiritual leader, Ramesh Bhai Oza.
- In 2016, she received Padma Vibhushan award; conferred to her husband.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]