|Real name||Anushka Sharma
Note: She adopted the last name 'Kaushik' because there was already an Anushka Sharma in the Bollywood industry.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 52 kg
in pounds- 114 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-34|
|Debut||Film: S.P. Chauhan (2019) as Seema's friend
Web Series : Made in Heaven (2019) as bride's friend
|Date of Birth||21 July 1999 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Sophia Girls’ senior secondary school, Saharanpur|
|College/University||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University, New Delhi.|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Religion||Hinduism Facebook - Anushka Kaushik|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram - Anushka Kaushik|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Rajiv Kaushik (engineer)
Mother- Kusum Sharma (homemaker)
|Siblings||Anushka's brother, Sarthak Kaushik, is a software engineer.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Kaushik
- Anushka Kaushik is an Indian actress. She earned popularity after playing the role of Vidhi Gupta in the Hindi-language web series Crash Course (2022).
- Born in a Hindu family in Saharanpur, India, Anushka was fascinated by acting and dance since childhood. In an interview, Anushka recalled her school days and said she often participated in various cultural functions in her school. Further, in the same discussion, Anushka said that owing to her interest in acting, a teacher from her school in Saharanpur advised her to pursue her formal education in Delhi. Anushka said,
I always believe that if a person wants then what can’t he do. I think if he wants, he can come from any place, whether from the village and make his mark. So acting was my dream since childhood. I am actually a classical dancer since childhood. So I felt that dancing would make it easier for me to act. I used to act in school too, so everyone knew that I loved acting. Then one of my teachers said that if you want to take acting seriously, then take admission in DU because theater is very good there. So the basis of the college I chose was also that there should be a very good drama society. I did theater there.”
- Trained in classical dance form, Anushka, during an interview, recalled that she joined dance classes during her schooling. Further, Anushka said that she started taking dance lessons because she thought that it could help her in her acting career.
- Soon after completing her higher secondary education, Anushka moved from Saharanpur to Delhi and enrolled at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University, New Delhi, where she pursued a Bachelor of Commerce. In her college, Anushka was a part of various theatre groups and she often participated as a theatre artist in various theatrical productions.
- After pursuing her undergraduate degree, Anushka shifted to Mumbai from Delhi and attended an acting workshop at The Artist Collective, a film production house in Mumbai. In 2019, Anushka Kaushik made her acting debut with the Hindi film S. P. Chauhan. In the same year, she was featured in the role of a bride’s friend in the Amazon Prime web series Made in Heaven.
- In 2019, Anushka appeared in the Amazon Prime web series Flames Season 2 in which she played the role of Jaskirath.
- Anushka appeared in many short videos of The Viral Fever like Sharing Flat With Neighbour, When Desi Girl Dates Modern Guy, When An Extrovert Dates An Introvert, When Your Boyfriend Is Too Hot To Handle, Dating In Office, Alright! Date With A Sakht Launda, Why Girl Best Friends Are The Best, and Alright! Date With Senior.
- In 2022, she was featured in the web series Ghar Waapsi in which she played the role of Suruchi Dwivedi. In the same year, she was featured in the Netflix web series Thar in which she played the role of Babita.
- In an interview, Anushka Kaushik recalled an interaction with one of her family friends when her mother shared about Anushka’s acting stint and how the family friend reacted. Anushka Kaushik said,
That uncle said, ‘Film industry! ladkiyon ki toh ye halat hoti hai’. He told how the industry is not good for girls and spoke about the casting couch. I still remember the expression on my mother’s face, it had fallen. She even countered him saying that her daughter won’t be doing anything like that. She really wanted to support me, but her world is different. Though my world has changed, hers is still the same. My mother stopped mentioning (to anyone) that she is an actor. She got embarrassed. And that episode hit me hard.”
- According to Anushka Kausik, initially, her mother, Kusum Sharma, was sceptical about Anushka’s career as an actor; however, after seeing her accomplishments, she was happy about her decision. In an interview, Anushka talked about this and said that due to her decision of pursuing a full-time career in acting, her mother stopped talking to her though they lived in the same house. Anushka explained,
Because of this, there was a time when my mother and I did not talk to each other even though we lived in the same house. When we had to talk, we used to do it on the phone. But they didn’t talk face to face. The reason for this was acting. I used to say that I promise that I will not do anything wrong but this is what I have to do. At that time she was also angry. Sometimes he used to feel bad about the dress and sometimes about something. Even now they get angry on some things. This is our generation gap. Life has changed a lot for me but for them the world is still the same, their people are the same, the things that are happening are the same. So as a youth we have to understand that the world is the same for the parents.”
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions. Instagram – Anushka Kaushik
- In 2020, she was invited as a speaker at TEDx talks organised at NMIMS, Shirpur, Pune; she was the only girl speaker on the panel.