Ashutosh Rana Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Ashutosh Ramnarayan Neekhra Facebook – Radio Fiji Two|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Author, TV Presenter|
|Famous role(s)||• Gokul Pandit in the Hindi film ‘Dushman’ (1998)
• Lajja Shankar Pandey in the Hindi film ‘Sangharsh’ (1999)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||TV (As an actor): Tehkikaat (1994) as Shyam; aired on DD National
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Sanshodhan (1996) as Daaman Verma
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Venky (2004) as Yogendra Kumar Sharma
Film (Tamil; As an actor): Vettai (2012) as Annachi
Film (Kannada; As an actor): Vishnusena (2005) as Badrinath
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Sankasur (2013) as Daji Gaokar
• 1999: Best Actor in a Negative Role for Dushman
Zee Cine Awards
• 1999: Best Villain for Dushman
• 2000: Best Villain for Sangharsh
• 1999: Best Villain Award for Dushman
• 2000: Best Villain Award for Sangharsh
• 2021: OTT Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Web Original Film Pagglait
Note: As of 2022, he is one of the actors who has won the maximum number of Filmfare Awards in the Best Villain category.
• 2022: Madhya Pradesh Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel ‘Ramrajya’
|Date of Birth||10 November 1967 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||• Primary School in Gadarwara, Madhya Pradesh
• Christ Church Boys’ Senior Secondary School, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
|College/University||• Dr H. S. Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
• National School of Drama, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• B. A. and LLB from Dr H. S. Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh YouTube – Zindagi Live
• M. A. in Dramatics (1991-1994) from the National School of Drama, New Delhi LinkedIn- Ashutosh Rana Dr. H.S. Gour Vishwavidyalaya’s Official Website
|Religion||Hinduism YouTube – Zindagi with Richa|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Renuka Shahane (actor)
|Marriage Date||25 May 2001
|Marriage Place||Damoh, Madhya Pradesh|
|Children||Son(s)- Satyendra Rana and Shouryaman Rana (image in wife's section)
|Parents||Father- Ram Narayan Neekhra
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- 4 (elder)
• Prabhat Neekhra
• Nand Kumar Neekhra (professor)
• Jayant Kumar Neekhra (lawyer at a high court)
• Madan Mohan Neekhra (vice president of marketing at Shree Krishna Keshav Lab Ltd, vice president at SKKL Limited)
Sister- Kaamini Gupta
|Other Relative||Rameshwar Neekhra (cousin brother; politician)|
|Film Scene||When Amitabh Bachchan sees Jaya Bachchan for the first time in Sholay (1975)|
|Food||Aloo Gobhi and Matar ki Sabzi, Rajma Rice|
|Car Collection||• Mitsubishi Pajero
• BMW X1 Patrika
|Net Worth (approx.)||As of 2021, his net worth is around Rs 46 crore. Times Now|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashutosh Rana
- Ashutosh Rana is an Indian actor, producer, author, and TV presenter. He is known for playing negative characters in various Hindi films.
- In childhood, his father enrolled him in Christ Church Boys’ Senior Secondary School, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Once, when his father came to meet Ashutosh in school, he did not like the culture of the school, and he then decided to change Ashutosh’s school. Later, Ashutosh completed his schooling in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- In an interview, Ashutosh shared that he was not a bright student in school and no one in his family had hopes that he would clear class 11, but when the results came, he passed with flying colours. Ashutosh celebrated it by playing the drums in his village. He said,
When the results came, I passed with flying colours. Me along with my friends came on a truck while playing drums to announce that I have passed.”
- In childhood, he loved portraying Ravana in various ramleela events organised in his village.
- In an interview, Ashutosh shared that he kept his name ‘Ashutosh Rana.’ He shared an interesting story behind it. He said,
It was a rudra abhishek of lord Shiv ji and my parents were chanting a mantra ‘Om Ashutoshaye Namah.’ I then asked my parents the meaning of Ashutosh, my mother said that it refers to someone who gets happy easily. I instantly decided that I would keep my name Ashutosh.”
- Later, he changed his surname from Neekhra to Rana. He picked his surname from his father’s name Ram Narayan i.e. Ra from Ram and Na from Narayan. YouTube – Zindagi with Richa In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
When I was in class 11, my brother suggested me to remove my surname so I can do something on my own rather than taking benefit of my surname, so I removed Neekhra.”
- While he was studying in college, he used to have an image of Robinhood as he used to help the college students in getting their work done. At that time, he wanted to become a politician. YouTube – Zindagi with Richa
- After the demise of his mother in January 1984, he was deeply affected. To help him in that phase, his brother-in-law introduced him to the spiritual guru Dadda Ji. Since then, he has been an ardent follower of him. In an interview, he shared that it was Dadda Ji who asked him to join the National School of Drama, New Delhi, to make a career in acting.
- In 1994, after completing his M. A. in Dramatics from NSD, he joined the theatre group Satyadev Dubey in Prithvi Theatre. He then performed in many Hindi theatre plays.
- Ashutosh then started auditioning for Hindi TV serials, and later, he appeared in the Hindi TV serials like ‘Swabhimaan’ (1995), ‘Aahat’ (1995), ‘Saturday Suspense’ (1997), ‘Kabhi Kabhi’ (2003), and ‘Kaali- Ek Agnipariksha’ (2010).
- Once, while Ashutosh was at a party with his friends Rajeshwari Sachdev (singer) and Tejaswini Kolhapure (actor), he met the Indian actress Renuka Shahane. Rajeshwari introduced Ashutosh and Renuka to each other. By the end of the party, Ashutosh and Renuka became good friends. In an interview, while remembering his first meeting with Renuka, Ashutosh said,
We bond really well with each other. I said Humne film me aapka kaam dkha hai. Hum aapke bade prashansak hain to Renuka and she liked it.”
After that day, the duo did not meet each other for a few months. Ashutosh and Renuka were then invited to a Diwali party organised at Indian director Ravi Rai’s home. However, Renuka could not attend the party. Ashutosh wanted to talk to her, so he took her contact number from Ravi. During an interview, Ashutosh talked about it, he said,
He (Ravi) warned me that Renuka doesn’t pick up unknown numbers or check her phone after 10 pm. He was right. I left a (Dussehra) wish on her answering machine with my name but not my number, hoping she’ll find a way to contact me.”
In an interview, when Renuka was asked about it, she said,
In October, director Ravi Rai was planning a serial, and he had Ashutosh, a few others and me in mind. Ravi Rai had thrown a Divali party at his place where Ashutosh couldn’t make it because he had to give an interview. The next day he called me on my answering machine wishing me a happy Divali. This was on 17th October, he again called on 19th October and finally on 20th October 1998.”
Renuka then heard his voice message and called Ashutosh. They talked for an hour and started talking daily to each other on phone. They then decided to meet on 31 December 1998. At that time Renuka had come out from a bad marriage phase, so she was a bit sceptical about dating Ashutosh. During an interview, when Ashutosh was asked about Renuka’s first marriage, he said,
Her past didn’t feature in any of our long discussions, there were no doubts on my part.”
After dating for almost two years, the couple decided to get married. During an interview, while talking about the marriage, Renuka said,
We reached Damoh station on the 25th morning itself and the wedding ceremony was scheduled for 12 noon. To our surprise we found the entire station packed with a throng of people like there is in a political rally. We literally had to fight our way through to the jeep which had come to receive us. And then we stood in the jeep and waved to the crowds lining both sides of the road.”
- Apart from TV serials, he has also appeared in Hindi films like ‘Tamanna’ (1997), ‘Krishna Arjun’ (1997), ‘Ghulam’ (1998), and ‘Zakhm’ (1998).
- Some of his other Hindi films are ‘Raaz’ (2002), ‘LOC: Kargil’ (2003), ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo’ (2004), ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ (2014), and ‘Rashtra Kavach Om’ (2022).
- He then appeared in Telugu films such as ‘Okka Magadu’ (2008), ‘Balupu’ (2013), ‘Pataas’ (2015), ‘Jai Simha’ (2018), and ‘Kalki’ (2019).
- He has also hosted Hindi TV shows like ‘Baazi Kiski’ (2001), ‘Sarkaar Ki Duniya’ (2009), and ‘Savdhaan India’ (2019).
- He has acted in Kannada films such as ‘Kshana Kshana’ (2007) and ‘Avatara Purusha’ (2022).
- In 2013, he appeared in the Marathi film ‘Yeda.’
- Ashutosh has acted in Tamil films as well. Some of his Tamil films are ‘Meaghamann’ (2014), ‘Tamilselvanum Thaniyar Anjalum’ (2016), ‘Johnny’ (2018), and ‘Sangathamizhan’ (2019).
- In 2020, he authored two Hindi books titled ‘Ramrajya’ and ‘Maun Muskaan Ki Maar.’
- He has appeared in various Hindi web series including ‘Chhatrasal’ (2021; MX Player), ‘Aranyak’ (2021; Netflix), and ‘The Great Indian Murder’ (2022; Disney+ Hotstar).
- Whenever he gets time from his busy schedule, he enjoys reading books.