Some Lesser Known Facts About Avicii
- Avicii was fasinated towards remixing since his childhood and did his first DJ gig at a prom for 40 teens during his school days.
- He started remixing and making tracks at his home at the age of 18.
- His mother is a renowned Swedish actress who starred in the Oscar-nominated film ‘My Life as a Dog’ (1985).
- His manager, Ash Pournouri, was the one who first noticed his talent. After watcing Avicii’s content uploaded on various blogs, Ash messaged him on Facebook to meet him, and later made a pivotal role in moving his carrer in the right direction.
- He got his stage name “Avicii”, a Buddhist word, on suggestion of his friend, which means “the lowest level of Buddhist hell.”
- In 2007, he signed with the Defjitts Plays label, and after 3 long years, he released the song “Seek Bromance” that reached to the top 20 in Belgium, France, the Netherlands, the UK, and Sweden.
- In 2010, he signed with the European A&R team with EMI Music Publishing.
- He rose to fame after his deadly combination with David Guetta in “Sunshine” that was nominated in the Grammy Awards for Best Dance recording in 2012.
- He liked wearing placid shirts.
- He always used to carry a MacBook Pro.
- In 2016, he stopped touring and announed about it through an open letter in which he said, “I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist.”
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)