Some Lesser Known Facts About Taylor Swift
- Does Taylor Swift smoke? No
- Does Taylor Swift drink alcohol? Yes
- Taylor swift can play various instruments like guitars (acoustic, electric, banjo), piano, ukulele.
- Swift was the youngest songwriter that Sony/ATV Music publishing house ever signed.
- She was the youngest artist to have written and a sung a song that hit the number one position on the Hot Country Songs when she released her third single “Our Song”. The New York Times stated that she is a prodigy.
- She said her parents shifted to Tennessee because of her and said that they just like the place. “They are amazing people” she said.
- Her album Fearless was the best selling album in United States. She won four Grammys for it and became the youngest artist to win the Album of the Year.
- Her song “Mean” won two Grammy Awards.
- Taylor’s album “1989″ sold more copies in its year than any other album in the previous years, going back from 2014.
- Taylor Swift was the first female performer to win the Album of the Year Award twice.
- She was given her name after the singer James Taylor.
- Her father is a descendant from three generations of bank presidents.
- Inspired by Faith Hill when Taylor moved to Nashville Tennessee for her music career, she faced a lot of rejection because everyone in the town wanted to do what she wanted to do. So, she realized that she has to be different.
- Swift was the first country artist to win an MTV Music Video Award when she won the Best Female Video award in 2009.
- She has been praised immensely for her original emotional songwriting skills that she writes about her personal experiences and a fair bit about her ex-relationships.
- Her voice has been described to be sweet & soft and very emotional.
- Taylor sends gifts to her fans and calls it “Swiftmas”.
- Taylor has not been criticized too much except for her movie The Valentine’s Day when some critics supported her equally. She was praise for hosting Saturday Night Live (SNL) too.
- For charity and social work, she was honored by Michelle Obama with The Big Help Award for “dedication to helping others” and “inspiring through actions”. Kerry Kennedy presented Taylor Swift with Ripple of Hope Award.
- “Lucky You” was the first song she ever wrote.
- If she likes a boy, instead of talking face to face, she would write a song for him.
- She loves quotes.
- The songs “Safe and Sound” and “Eyes Open” had Taylor Swift’s contribution to them.
- She invests a lot of time thinking of herself, life, theories and metaphors!
- Swift single handedly brought down the iphone and MacBook giant Apple for paying her the fair amount of royalties within a day.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography