Ayla Malik Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Kalabagh, Mianwali, Pakistan
Husband: Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind
Age: 52 Years
|Profession(s)||Politician, Former Journalist|
|Known for||Being the women with whom Imran Khan was heard talking inappropriately in his leaked audio tapes in December 2022. The Educationist Hub|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Political Party||• The Millat Party (1998-2011)
• Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) (2011-2017)
|Political Journey||• 1998: Joined the Millat Party
• 2002-2007: Member of the National Assembly (MNA) from the National Alliance of Pakistan
• 2011: Joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI)
• 2013: Filed her nomination for from the Mianwali seat in the by-elections, but disqualified due to her fake degrees
• 2017: Resigned from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI)
|Date of Birth||6 October 1970 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|Hometown||Kalabagh, Mianwali, Pakistan|
|School||Froebel’s International School, Islamabad|
|College/University||Moscow State University of the Russian Federation|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Economics
Note: In 2013, her Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) from the Rawalpindi Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) and Economics degree from Moscow State University of the Russian Federation were declared to be fake by the Lahore High Court’s election tribunal bench. Dawn
|Controversies||• Fake Degrees: In 2013, a petition was Obaidullah Shadikhel, a Member of the Pakistan Muslim League, in the Lahore High Court (LHC) against Ayla Malik for possessing fake degrees. Another, petition was filed in the court by Inamullah Niazi, cousin of Imran Khan, in the same matter. On 30 July 2013, a two-member Election Tribunal set up by the Lahore High Court (LHC) in the verdict of the court announced Ayla's disqualification from the 2013 by-elections for submitting her fake degrees before the Election Commission of Pakistan (CEC). Dawn
• Audio Scandal: In 2022, multiple old phone recording between Imran Khan and Ayla Malik surfaced online in which the duo were heard having obscene conversation. On being asked about the same, Ayla denied to the news and said that it was not her voice in the audio. Later, Imran Khan’s political party Tehreek-e-Insaf also claimed that the audio tapes were fake and fabricated. MM News
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Imran Khan (politician and former cricketer)
|Husband/Spouse||Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind (ex-husband)
|Children||She has two children. One of them is a daughter named Myra Malik. Myra is married to Amir Malik, a politician.
|Parents||Father- Malik Allahyar Khan (politician)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||She has two sisters. One of them is named Sumaira Malik (politician). Sumaira was a Member of Pakistan's National Assembly from 2002 to 2013.
|Other Relatives||Grandfather: Malik Amir Mohammad Khan (politician)
Maternal Uncle: Sardar Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari (politician and former President of Pakistan)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayla Malik
- Ayla Malik is a Pakistani politician and former journalist. She was a Member of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf from 2011 to 2017. Malik served as a Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan on a reserved seat for women from 2002 to 2007. In 2022, she came into the limelight for her alleged affair with the Pakistani politician and former cricketer Imran Khan.
- Ayla Malik belongs to the Qutab-shahi Awan family. Many of her family members were prominent leaders in Pakistan. Her grandfather, Malik Amir Mohammad Khan, the Nawab of Kalabagh, served as the Governor of West Pakistan in the 1960s. Khan was infamous for his brutality in his heydays. On 26 November 1967, Malik Amir Mohammad Khan was killed by his son Asadullah Khan due to a property dispute in the family. Dawn Ayla’s father was also a politician. However, he could not leave a mark as a politician. Her maternal uncle, Sardar Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari, is the former President of Pakistan.
- Ayla was reportedly born in the same bungalow in Kalabagh, Mianwali, where her grandfather was killed by her uncle Asadullah Khan.
- She grew up in Kalabagh, Mianwali, Pakistan.
- While growing up, Alya was good at sports like badminton and shooting. While in college, she became a national-level badminton player. She was also good at taekwondo karate and participated in various karate competitions and shooting championships. She has won several medals in different sports.
- She started her career as a politician in 1998 by joining the political party Millat Party which was led by her maternal uncle Sardar Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari.
- In the same year, she was appointed as the Deputy Secretary General of the Millat Party.
- Ayla served as the Member of the National Assembly (MNA) from the National Alliance of Pakistan from 2002 till 2007.
- In 2009, she joined Dunya News as a journalist and started hosting the talk show Situation Room with Ayla Malik, where she interviewed many prominent personalities of Pakistan including Imran Khan.
- In 2011, she had an hours-long meeting with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, after which she decided to join PTI.
- Subsequently, she looked after the social media cell of the party.
- Alya was PTI’s one of the top choices for a reserved seat in the National Assembly of Pakistan. However, the party could not secure enough seats to nominate her to the Parliament.
- In 2013, she filed her nomination to contest the by-elections from the Mianwali seat (from which earlier Imran Khan used to contest the elections). However, she was disqualified by a two-member Election Tribunal (ET) of the Lahore High Court due to fake degrees.
- In 2017, she resigned from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI), saying that the party was no longer pursuing the policies of public welfare.
- Ayla is fluent in three languages- English, Urdu, and Punjabi.
- In 2013, Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited labelled her as a defaulter in Rs. 40 million loan case.
- In May 2013, when Ayla’s election convoy in Mianwali was attacked by some unidentified gunmen, she did not step back but started firing at the gunmen. She got injured during the incident.