Father: P. J. Sarma
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ayyappa P. Sharma
- Ayyappa P Sharma is an Indian actor, director and screenwriter, who is known for his works in the Kannada and Telugu film industries. He is popular for playing the role of Vanaram in the famous pan-India film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022).
- Belonging to a family of actors, Ayyappa P. Sharma was inclined towards establishing a career in the entertainment industry since childhood.
- In an interview, Ayyappa’s brother P. Ravi Shankar revealed that their parents made acquaintance during a stage rehearsal. He said,
My father was a struggling actor but my mother was at the peak of her career when they fell in love and got married in 1960. She gave up her career when she was in the family way.”
- Ayyappa P Sharma grew up in a well-to-do family with four siblings, attending music, dance, and acting classes.
- His mother died at the age of 66, while his father died at the age of 81 due to a heart attack on 14 December 2014.
- After his formal education, he joined Jyothi Movie Makers in Hyderabad in October 1997, where he worked as a director till July 1998.
- In the same year, he produced and directed the film ‘Eswar Allah,’ which went on to wing Nandi Award (1998).
- Ayyappa is the director of the Kannada films Durgada Huli (2000), Veera (2013), and Varadhanayaka (2013).
- Acting credits under his belt include the Kannada films Gharshane (2014), Master Piece (2015), and Tiger Galli (2017). He also appeared in the Telugu films Lacchimdeviki O Lekkundi (2016) and Aravindha Sametha (2018).
- Thereafter, he became the Executive Vice President of the Movie Artists Association in Hyderabad, a position he held for a year.
- He worked as a director of television serials at Sonopix Productions Private Ltd from May 2008 to November 2009.
- He has also worked as a director at Eagle Entertainers in Chennai, Shankar Productions for the film Varadhanayaka (2013), and Vistarah Transmedia Private Ltd.
- He struck stardom with popular pan-India film sequels K.G.F: Chapter 1 (2018) and K.G.F: Chapter 2 (2022) in which he starred as Vanaram. The film series focuses on Rocky, a high-ranking assassin in Mumbai, who was born in poverty. In the film, when Rocky is assigned the task of assassinating Garuda, the heir of Kolar Gold Fields, Vanaram, Garuda’s commander-cum-body guard, assumes the responsibility to protect him.
- He featured in the 2019 Kannada action-drama film ‘Bharaate’ in which he played one of the antagonists named Veerappa Nayaka. In the film, he shared the screen with his brothers P. Sai Kumar and P. Ravi Shankar who played the antagonists Ballala and Pallava respectively.
- In the 2021 Indian Telugu-language action drama film ‘Akhanda,’ Ayyappa played the role of a Tantrik named Prachanda.
- From 2010 to 2012, he represented the team Telugu Warriors in an amateur men’s cricket league Celebrity Cricket League.