Some Lesser Known Facts About Baba Rampal
- Does Baba Rampal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Baba Rampal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- After passing out from ITI, Nilokheri, he worked as Junior Engineer in Haryana Government’s Irrigation Department.
- As a 16-year-old boy, Rampal met a Kabir Panthi called Saint Ramdevanand but took his lessons seriously while in the job.
- He was initially an ardent Hindu and was a follower of Lord Hanuman. Rampal, according to those who knew him personally, used to recite Hanuman Chalisa, seven times a day, and read a number of books on Hanuman.
- After having worked for the Haryana Irrigation Department for about 18 years, he resigned from his job in 1996 and started delivering religious lectures.
- In the earlier days as a preacher, Rampal used to attach a microphone to his motorcycle and drive it around towns and villages. The microphone blared the religious stuff.
- He used to get his Satsangs recorded without paying any money to the photographer. The latter, in an interview, anonymously said that he worked for Rampal between 1996 and 2003, for which, he rarely got paid. He was advised to earn the money by selling those photos to Rampal’s followers. The photographer also told that Rampal had organised tours to Kashi and Triveni for around 5000 people and charged a whole lot of amount from them.
- With his growing fame, his Splendor bike was replaced with a Mahindra Jeep. He used to drive himself till he got himself a driver.
- Rampal calls himself as the successor of Sant Kabir, whom he considers the supreme God.
- Krishna Das, one of his disappointed disciples, wrote a book called ‘Shaitan Bana Bhagwan,’ a story of Rampal’s transition from a Junior Engineer to a Godman.
- In 1999, Rampal laid the foundation stone of ‘Satlok Ashram’ in Karontha district of Rohtak. The Ashram is spread over 12 Acres of land.
- The milk that he used to bath with was used to prepare ‘Kheer’ as Prasad (blessed food) for the followers.
- Rampal was living a lavishing life before being arrested in November 2014. A five-story building which was spread over 70 Acres of land had a 25-meter long swimming pool, 24 air-conditioned rooms, massage beds, a number of flat-screen LED TVs, and gym equipment.
- He used to sit on a 12-foot high hydraulic chair that was kept in a bulletproof cabin. From there, he passed on his Kabir Panthi speeches to his followers.
- Rampal’s website reads that he is the spiritual leader, of whose birth had been predicted by a French Physician, Nostradamus. It says that the physician, in 1555 AD had said that exactly 450 years from then, a Hindu Sant (saint), 50 to 60 years old, will appear and will be talked of in the whole world.
- To further increase the already growing popularity of his sect, he had planned to construct an Ashram in Betul district in Madhya Pradesh, which was to cover as much as 70 acres of land. It had to have a capacity of about 50,000 people, two lakes, and state of the art super-structure.
- Rampal was acquitted by a local court in Hisar in two separate cases of rioting, unlawful assembly, and use of force, in August 2017. He was, however, kept in jail because of the trial being done in the murder case.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡