Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Affleck
- Does Ben Affleck smoke?: Yes
- Does Ben Affleck drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Ben’s surname “Affleck” is of Scottish origin. Affleck has Scottish, English, Irish, German, and Swiss ancestry.
- During Ben’s childhood, his Father Timothy worked variously as an auto mechanic, a carpenter, a bookie, an electrician, a bartender and a janitor at Harvard University. While Affleck has described his father as a “very smart guy”, his chronic alcoholism often made Affleck’s childhood difficult and his parents divorced when he was twelve.
- Affleck had high SAT scores, he was an unfocused high school student with poor attendance. He took admission in the University of Virginia but instead followed a girlfriend to the University of Vermont, where he took Spanish classes.
- For the first time he came into sight in movies in 1981 at the age of seven in a local independent film called Dark Side of the Street directed by a family friend.
- His huge success as a child actor was as the star of the PBS children’s series The Voyage of the Mimi (1984) and The Second Voyage of the Mimi (1988), produced for sixth-grade science classes.
- Affleck gained popularity when he and his childhood friend Matt Damon won the Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for Good Will Hunting (1997).
- Armageddon set Affleck as a viable leading man for Hollywood studio blockbusters in 1998.
- Affleck received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance in Hollywoodland in 2006.
- Ben is also a director, he directed the film Gone Baby Gone in 2007 for the first time, which he also co-wrote, was well received.
- For the political thriller Argo (2012), which he directed and starred in, Affleck received The Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for Best Director, and the Golden Globe, BAFTA and Academy Award for Best Picture.
- Baseball is one of the favourite sports of Ben, he is a huge fan of baseball club Boston Red Sox.
- Affleck received tuition of card game ‘Poker’ from Amir Vahedi and Annie Duke in the early 2000s. He won the 2004 California State Poker Championship, getting the first prize of $356,400 and qualifying for the 2004 World Poker Tour final tournament.
- Affleck is a member of the Democratic Party and has described himself as “moderately liberal”.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography