Big Show (WWE) Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Big Show
- Does Big Show smoke: Not Known
- Does Big Show drink alcohol: Yes
- Big Show was an avid Basketball player in his younger days. After graduating from school, Show tried his hands on a number of jobs like bouncing, bounty hunting, and answering phone calls for a Karaoke company.
- Eventually, he met a morning radio show jockey named Danny Bonaduce, who was good friends with former wrestler Hulk Hogan. The latter, impressed by Show’s personality, recommended him immediately to the then vice president of WCW- Eric Bischoff.
- Because of Big Show’s slight resemblance to André the Giant, the WCW decided to portray him as André’s son. However, the gimmick was soon dropped and Big Show wrestled under the ring name ‘The Giant.’
- Notably, both André the Giant and Big Show used to have acromegaly, a disease of the endocrine system which causes abnormal growth of the hands, feet, and face, caused by overproduction of growth hormone.
- Show’s body size opened up a lot of interesting storyline angles for the WWE. In a rather bizarre one, the WWE once aired a segment featuring Show in a Tag Team match. His opponents, unable to tackle him physically, used a tranquilizer instead and sent the giant unconscious. The opponents then brought a razor and shaved his head. This shave perhaps left a mark on his entire career as Show remained bald for the rest of his career.
- Aside from wrestling, Show has acted in a number of American sitcoms; he has appeared in as many as 30 television shows, including, Star Trek: Enterprise, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, etc.
- He has fought the legendary boxer, Floyd Mayweather, twice inside the squared ring of the WWE. Unfortunately, show not only lost both the times but was also bleeding after their second bout.