|Real Name||Cortez Kennedy|
|Profession||Former American Football Player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 133 kg
in Pounds- 293 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Professional Debut||When Seattle Seahawks signed him in the 1990 NFL Draft|
|Jersey Numbers||#96, #99|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• In 1992, awarded the NFL Defensive Player of Year by The Associated Press, an American multinational non-profit news agency.
• Recorded 58 career sacks and 11 forced fumbles.
• Inducted into the University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame in 2004
• Inducted into the Seahawks' Ring of Honor as its 10th member in 2006
• Kennedy was an eight-time Pro Bowler during his 11 seasons in the NFL.
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1968|
|Place of Birth||Osceola, Arkansas|
|Date of Death||May 23, 2017|
|Place of Death||Orlando, Florida|
|Death Cause||The cause of death is currently under investigation; reportedly a non-suspicious death.|
|Age (as on May 23, 2017)||48 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Rivercrest High School, Wilson, Arkansas|
|College||Northwest Mississippi Community College
University of Miami
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Joe Harris (step-father)
Mother- Ruby Harris
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Controversies||His ex-wife, Nicole, accused Kennedy of a physical assault in 1996. In her complaint to the police, she alleged that an angry Kennedy shoved her into the bed post. The late defensive tackle pleaded guilty to the charges and was awarded an eighteen-month counseling program. However, the charges were later dropped.|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Nicole Sanders (div. 1996)|
|Children||Daughter- Courtney (Born 1995)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cortez Kennedy
- Did Cortez Kennedy smoke: Not Known
- Did Cortez Kennedy drink alcohol: Yes
- While at the University of Miami, Kennedy was named an All-American in 1986.
- Kennedy was the third overall selection in the 1990 NFL draft; however, he was unsigned until two days before the start of the season.
- Although he sported a #96 jersey, he changed his shirt number to #99 during one of the seasons as a tribute to his close friend and former late NFL player Jerome Brown.
- Kennedy bid adieu to the sport after the 2000 season, with 167 games, 58 sacks, 668 tackles and 3 interceptions to his name. However, he formally announced his retirement in August 2002.
- Post retirement, he worked as an advisor for the New Orleans Saints.
- In 2007, SI.com named him the best athlete ever to wear the #96 jersey.
- In an interview, Kennedy said that when he became a millionaire with his first contract, he bought 6 cars together- one for his mother, one for his girlfriend and 4 for himself. Interestingly, he sold two of them when he saw the bill for the auto insurance.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)