|Other name||Cedric McMillan -The One
|Profession(s)||IFBB Professional Bodybuilder, United States Army Instructor|
|Known for||His aesthetic physique|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Muscle & Fitness Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Muscle & Fitness Off-season Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 136 kg
in pounds- 300 lbs
|Muscle & Fitness Competition Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 116 kg
in pounds- 256 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 52 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 23 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||17 August 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Birthplace||Maplewood, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Date of Death||12 April 2022|
|Age (at the time of death)||44 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack|
|Hometown||Maplewood, New Jersey, U.S.|
|School(s)||• Clinton Elementary School
• Andrew Jackson High School, Jacksonville, Florida (1994-1996)
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Eva Matulessy McMillan
|Children||He had four children named Seven, Isaac, Eli, and Lemae.
|Parents||Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cedric McMillan
- Cedric McMillan was a world-class bodybuilder and US Army instructor. He died of a heart attack on 12 April 2022.
- Captivated by muscular physiques in childhood, McMillan often drew comic characters that had a classic physique.
- While in school, Cedric was a mischievous child and was often kicked out of class for his behaviour.
- A sports enthusiast, McMillan excelled at running in his school days. He won several running competitions while he was in school.
- As a child he admired the American actor and bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger; Cedric formed a liking for Schwarzenegger after seeing him in the American film Conan The Barbarian (1982).
- After getting to know about McMillan’s passion for bodybuilding, his mother gifted him a weight set when he was thirteen years old.
- Subsequently, he began his training in weightlifting.
- After pursuing his high school education, Cedric relocated to Lancaster, South Carolina, where he joined the US Army.
- Soon, one of his friends named Mark Neil persuaded him to participate in a bodybuilding competition. Mark motivated him to know the rudiments of bodybuilding. Neil also helped him to gain the necessary body size and weight.
- He started his bodybuilding career in 2007 by competing in the super heavyweight category of the NPC South Carolina Championship.
- He then took part in the NPC Junior USA Championships in 2008 and achieved rank 1.
- McMillan became a professional after winning the 2009 National Championship. He then went on to win the Orlando Show of Champions, the New York Pro Championships, and the Golden State Pro Championships.
- A top-open division bodybuilder, Cedric had to his credit 8 Pro wins.
- In 2017, McMillan won the Arnold Classic Ohio and got a chance to meet his idol, Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was considered his most notable victory. Schwarzenegger praised him for his classic physique during the competition.
- Although he was recognized for returning Men’s Open bodybuilding to its classic roots, McMillan underperformed at the Mr. Olympia finals.
- He last participated in the 2020 Arnold Classic Ohio. He was ranked 6th in the competition.
- McMillan served the US Army in various capacities before rising up to the rank of Sergeant First Class in 2021.
- He also served as an instructor at Fort Jackson, SC.
- In 2021, McMillan suffered from Covid-19 which resulted in some breathing issues and heart issues. He also developed pneumonia and was rushed to a hospital and kept on life support for a while. He recovered from Covid-19 after some time but postponed his return to competitive bodybuilding owing to health issues.
- In 2022, a few months ahead of his demise, Cedric declared that he would soon return to bodybuilding.
- On 12 April 2022, McMillan suffered a massive heart attack while he was on a treadmill and subsequently died.
- Black Skull USA, a supplements company that sponsored McMillan for a long time, confirmed the news of his death through its Instagram page. They posted,
We regret to inform you that our friend and brother @cedricmcmillan passed away today. Cedric will be greatly missed as an athlete, comrade, friend, and father.”
They further wrote,
Our prayers are with all his family and friends. He ‘fought the good fight’ and now he rests.”
- In his spare time, McMillan loved sketching and listening to music.
- He was very particular about his fitness and followed a strict fitness regimen.
- Before his death, Cedric lived at Heath Springs in South Carolina.
- He had graced the covers of many fitness magazines like Muscular Development.
- McMillan was fond of bikes and owned a Kawasaki Hayabusa Turbo.
- An avid dog lover, Cedric owned a bulldog.
- He considered Arnold Schwarzenegger his idol.
- In interviews, he often described himself as a family man.
- McMillan shared a great bond with many of his childhood friends.
- At the time of his death, he was a member of the South Carolina National Guard.
- During an interview, McMillan shared that he was proud to be a part of the US Army. He said,
I think the army is kind of part of who I am. I think the Army is kind of what made me the man that I am. I believe that being able to get to where I am while maintaining my military career is something to be a little bit proud of too.”