Queen Elizabeth II Age, Husband, Monarchical Journey, Biography & More
|Real Name||Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
|Profession||Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and Head of the Commonwealth
|Monarchical Journey ||• King George VI, Father of Elizabeth II acceded to the throne on the abdication of his brother Edward VIII in 1936, at that time Elizabeth was the heir presumptive.
• During the World War II Elizabeth began to undertake public duties, serving in the Auxiliary Territorial Service.
• She married Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, a former prince of Greece and Denmark in 1947.
• During 1951, George VI's health deteriorated and Elizabeth stood in for him at public events.
• In October 1951, her private secretary, Martin Charteris, carried a draft accession declaring the death of George VI when she was touring Canada and USA.
• In February 1952, Elizabeth was declared the Queen of the Commonwealth.
|Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in Feet Inches-5’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||21 April 1926
|Age (as in 2017)|| 91 Years
|Birth Place||17 Bruton Street, Mayfair, London, UK
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus
|School||She was educated privately at home
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known
|Family||Father- George VI
Mother- Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
Sister- Princess Margaret
|Religion||Church of England and
Church of Scotland
|Favourite Cocktail||Gin and Dubonnet
|Favorite Drama TV Show||Downtown Abbey
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Spouse||Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (m. 1947)
|Children||Sons- Charles (Prince of Wales),
Prince Andrew (Duke of York)
Prince Edward (Earl of Wessex)
Daughter- Anne (Princess Royal)
|Net Worth||$450 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Queen Elizabeth II
- Does Elizabeth II smoke?: Not Known
- Does Elizabeth II drink alcohol?: Yes
- Queen Elizabeth II is the Longest reigning Monarch alive. She has been reigning for 64 years.
- She speaks french fluently and often uses the language for audiences and state visits. She does not require an interpreter.
- During World War II, Elizabeth and her sister, Margaret moved to Windsor Castle for their safety.
- She was educated in constitutional history and law, preparing for her future role as queen.
- Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip met at a wedding in 1934.
- Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947.
- Prince Philip was born in Greece, but his family was exiled from the country when he was an infant.
- She acceded to thrown in 1952 when George VI died.
- Her coronation in 1953 was the first to be televised in England.
- During her reign, the Queen has received over 3.5 million items of correspondence.
- Since 1952, she has been conferred over 404,500 honors and awards.
- Queen Elizabeth II is Britain’s 40th monarch since William the Conqueror was crowned.
- Around 1.5 million people have attended garden parties at Buckingham Palace or the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland since Elizabeth has been on the throne.
- Elizabeth II is the patron of more than 600 charities and organizations.
- She is a pet loving lady. During her reign, she has owned more than 30 corgis and introduced a new breed- the dorgi. Elizabeth has two corgi Holly and Willow and two dorgi candy and Vulcan.
- For her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, the queen received over 120,000 cards, letters and gifts.
- Elizabeth does not need a passport to travel internationally.
- Imperial State Crown, that was bestowed on Elizabeth II in 1953 weighs 1.06 kg (2.3 lb) and contains 2,901 precious stones, including Cullinan II – the second-largest clear cut diamond in the world.
- Angus Young Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife, Biography & More
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Age, Husbands, Biography, Facts & More
- Top 10 Female Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
- Suthida (Queen of Thailand) Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
- “Porus” Actors Salary: Laksh Lalwani, Rohit Purohit, Suhani Dhanki, Rati Pandey, Aditya Redij
- Sandeep Soparkar Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife & More
- Chandraswami Age, Death Cause, Wife, Biography & More
- Hitesh Sonik (Sunidhi Chauhan’s Husband) Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife, Biography & More