Husband: Prince Philip (late)
Marital Status: Widow
Age: 95 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Queen Elizabeth II
- Does Elizabeth II smoke?: Not Known
- Does Elizabeth II drink alcohol?: Yes
- Queen Elizabeth II is the Longest reigning Monarch alive. She has been reigning for 64 years.
- She speaks french fluently and often uses the language for audiences and state visits. She does not require an interpreter.
- During World War II, Elizabeth and her sister, Margaret moved to Windsor Castle for their safety.
- She was educated in constitutional history and law, preparing for her future role as queen.
- Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip met at a wedding in 1934.
- Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947.
- Prince Philip was born in Greece, but his family was exiled from the country when he was an infant.
- She acceded to thrown in 1952 when George VI died.
- Her coronation in 1953 was the first to be televised in England.
- During her reign, the Queen has received over 3.5 million items of correspondence.
- Since 1952, she has been conferred over 404,500 honors and awards.
- Queen Elizabeth II is Britain’s 40th monarch since William the Conqueror was crowned.
- Around 1.5 million people have attended garden parties at Buckingham Palace or the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland since Elizabeth has been on the throne.
- Elizabeth II is the patron of more than 600 charities and organizations.
- She is a pet loving lady. During her reign, she has owned more than 30 corgis and introduced a new breed- the dorgi. Elizabeth has two corgi Holly and Willow and two dorgi candy and Vulcan.
- For her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, the queen received over 120,000 cards, letters and gifts.
- Elizabeth does not need a passport to travel internationally.
- Imperial State Crown, that was bestowed on Elizabeth II in 1953 weighs 1.06 kg (2.3 lb) and contains 2,901 precious stones, including Cullinan II – the second-largest clear cut diamond in the world.