Marital Status: Widow
Husband: Prince Philip (late)
Age: 96 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Queen Elizabeth II
- Does Elizabeth II smoke?: Not Known
- Does Elizabeth II drink alcohol?: Yes
- Queen Elizabeth II is the longest-reigning Monarch alive. She has been reigning for 64 years.
- She speaks French fluently and often uses the language for audiences and state visits. She does not require an interpreter.
- During World War II, Elizabeth, and her sister, Margaret moved to Windsor Castle for their safety.
- She was educated in constitutional history and law, preparing for her future role as queen.
- Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip met at a wedding in 1934.
- Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947.
- Prince Philip was born in Greece, but his family was exiled from the country when he was an infant.
- She acceded to thrown in 1952 when George VI died.
- Her coronation in 1953 was the first to be televised in England.
- During her reign, the Queen has received over 3.5 million items of correspondence.
- Since 1952, she has been conferred over 404,500 honors and awards.
- Queen Elizabeth II is Britain’s 40th monarch since William the Conqueror was crowned.
- Around 1.5 million people have attended garden parties at Buckingham Palace or the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland since Elizabeth has been on the throne.
- Elizabeth II is the patron of more than 600 charities and organizations.
- She is a pet-loving lady. During her reign, she has owned more than 30 corgis and introduced a new breed- the dorgi. Elizabeth has two corgis Holly and Willow and two dorgi candy and Vulcan.
- For her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, the queen received over 120,000 cards, letters, and gifts.
- Elizabeth does not need a passport to travel internationally.
- Imperial State Crown, which was bestowed on Elizabeth II in 1953 weighs 1.06 kg (2.3 lb) and contains 2,901 precious stones, including Cullinan II – the second-largest clear-cut diamond in the world.
- She is known for her love for horses, and on the occasion of her 96th birthday, the Royal Windsor Horse Show released an image of Queen Elizabeth II holding the reins of two white ponies.