Wife: Mira Rajput
Height: 5’ 8”
Age: 37 Years
|Nickname(s)||Dodo, Sasha, Shak|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
|Debut||Film: Ishq Vishq (2003)
TV: Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded (2015, as a judge)
2004: Best Male Debut for Ishq Vishk
2015: Best Actor for Haider
2017: Best Actor (Critics) for Udta Punjab
2008: Best Actor (Editor's Choice) for Jab We Met
2009: Rajiv Gandhi Award for Kaminey
2015: LifeOK Hero Award for Haider
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||25 February 1981|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Gyan Bharati, Delhi (upto 4th class)
Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Address||Praneta Apartments, Juhu, Mumbai
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Collecting Watches, Eating Sweets
Dislikes: Gossips, Eating Non-Vegetarian Food and Mushrooms
|Controversies||• During the shoot of Chup Chup Ke, he was accused of dictating how a particular scene should be shot, to which, the director got offensive. However, later he denied by saying that Priyan-Ji (the director) is a veteran and he can't think of telling him how to make a film.
• He attracted a controversy when an MMS was leaked in which he and his ex-girlfriend Kareena Kapoor were making out.
|Relationships & More|
Kareena Kapoor (Actress)
Sania Mirza (Tennis Player, Rumour)
Priyanka Chopra (Actress)
|Marriage Date||7 July 2015|
|Marriage Place||The Oberoi, Gurgaon|
|Children||Son- Zain Kapoor (born in 2018)
Daughter- Misha Kapoor (born in 2016)
|Parents||Father- Pankaj Kapoor (Actor)
Mother- Neelima Azeem (Actress), Supriya Pathak (Actress) (Step-Mother)
|Siblings||Brothers- Ruhaan Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter (half-brother)
Sister- Sanah Kapoor
|Favourite Food(s)||Home Cooked Food, Rajma Chawal, Roti Dal and Curd Rice|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Pankaj Kapoor, Tom Cruise|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts|
|Favourite Music||Hindi Music, Justin Timberlake's New-Age Music|
|Favourite Singer(s)||A. R. Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Blue, Black, White|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Europe, Paris, Bali, Goa|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Sabina Khan|
|Favourite Perfume||Paco Rabanne|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Cayenne GTS, Mercedes-Benz GL-Class, Jaguar XKR-S, Range Rover Vogue
|Bikes Collection||Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Yamaha MT-01
|Salary (approx.)||₹10 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹186 Crores|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahid Kapoor
- Does Shahid Kapoor smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Shahid Kapoor drink alcohol?: No
- He comes from a filmy background; as his father, Pankaj Kapur is an acting legend, and his step-mother is also a well-known actress. His great great grandfather was a film director, screenwriter, novelist and journalist.
- Shahid had a difficult childhood; as his parents, Pankaj Kapoor and Neelima Azeem got divorced when he was just 3 years old.
- Since his childhood, he was attracted towards acting and was also starred in Complan advertisement with Ayesha Takia.
- Shahid has worked as a background dancer in movies- Taal and Dil Toh Pagal Hai.
- Before the start of his acting career, he worked as an assistant director in TV serial- Mohandas B.A.L.L.B.
- He once accompanied his friend to audition for Pepsi advertisement and luckily, he got the chance to work with Rani Mukherjee, Kajol, and Shah Rukh Khan.
- During his struggling days, he wanted to buy a ‘Pioneer’ music system but he didn’t have money to buy it, and after he got the success, that company appointed him as their brand ambassador.
- In 1998, he was featured in Aryan band’s music video titled “Aankhon Mein Tere Hi Chehra,” and got popularity in the film industry.
- He incepted his career with the film Ishq Vishq and the actress, who has played the role of Shahid Kapoor’s mother is his real-life mom.
- A Malayali actor dubbed his unique ascent in the film Chup Chup Ke (2006).
- His film Vivah was a big hit and he got so attached to the cast and crew of the film that he never wanted to leave the sets and it was also the first time that he didn’t want to leave the set.
- He has learned dancing from Shiamak Davar‘s Dance Academy and aspired to be a professional dancer.
- In 2007, in his movie- Jab We Met, he played the role of a lover with his then real girlfriend- Kareena Kapoor and the couple was critically acclaimed by the viewers. However, they broke while the shoot of the film.
- Shahid and Priyanka Chopra fell off a bike while shooting for a scene for Kaminey, in which the two were riding the bike on a slope and due to mud all around, the bike fell on top of them. Moreover, for this film, Shahid took stammering lessons from an ENT specialist to get into his character. He was also trained for one long year to get the perfect body shape.
- He is the first Indian actor to fly an American F-16 aircraft.
- In 2010, he started smoking during filming for Milenge Milenge and was not able to quit it after that, but post his marriage, he quit smoking for his wife- Mira.
- He was non-vegetarian, but he gave up eating all this stuff after reading the book “Life is Fair” by Brian Hines.
- He is known as “Chocolate Boy of Bollywood”.
- His passport has his name Shahid Khattar on it, as he uses his step-father’s Rajesh Khattar’s surname.
- For his phenomenal performance in the movie Haider, he went completely bald for the film for a climactic scene, for which, he was given a six-page monologue and the scene was done in 3-4 hours.
- He was an above average student and his favourite subject was Science.
- He is an ardent follower of Radha Soami, but he doesn’t like to discuss in public.
- In 2015, he married Mira Rajput, who is 14 years younger to him and in 2016, they were blessed with a daughter, whom they named Misha.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)