Husband: Balaji Pothraj
Hometown: Bengaluru, Karnataka
|Other name||Chytra Balaji Pothraj Zauba Corp, Chytra Pothraj Gladrags Media- Facebook, Chythra Hallikeri The New Indian Express
Note: Her first name is also spelt as Chythrra. Wedding Bazaar
|Profession||Model, Actress, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Well Done (2003) as Thamarai
|Date of Birth|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not Known|
|School||Vijaya High School, Bengaluru|
|Controversy||FIR Against Father-in-law and Husband (2022)
In May 2022, she made headlines when she lodged an FIR against her father-in-law, MK Potaraju, and husband, Balaji Pothraj after accusing them of misusing her bank account in South Indian Bank. Her complaint registered with Jayalakshmipuram police in Mysore stated that the duo had taken a gold loan on her account without her knowledge. She also alleged that the Branch manager of the bank had conspired with the accused. The police booked the father-son duo under IPC Sections 468, 406, 409, 420, 506, and 34. Later, she claimed that she had been receiving life threats from her father-in-law and husband. Previously, she had registered an FIR against Balaji Pothraj for domestic violence after he filed for a divorce from her. In June 2022, the Karnataka High Court issued the interim order staying the proceedings after senior advocate MS Shyam Sundar, appearing for Pothraj and his father, argued that Chaitra lodged a false complaint when Balaji Pothraj filed a divorce case against her. The New Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 December 2006|
|Husband/Spouse||Balaji Pothraj (businessman)
|Children||She has two children and one of them is a girl.
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Nikhila Hallikeri
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chaitra Hallikeri
- Chaitra Hallikeri is an Indian model, actress, and producer, who mainly works in the Kannada entertainment industry.
- She grew up in Hubballi and Bengaluru.
- She started her career in the entertainment industry as a model.
- Later, she was represented by the Gladrags modelling agency
- She starred in the 2003 film Kannada comedy-drama film Khushi.
- In 2004, Chaitra played the role of Kaveri in the Kannada film Gowdru.
- Other Kannada films under her belt include Gunna (2005) and Shishya (2006).
- After her marriage in 2006, she took a hiatus from the entertainment industry to raise her family.
- In the same years, she became a director of the now defunct companies B. G. C. International, B. G. C. Properties, B. G. C. Tab Motels, and B. G. C. Developers Pvt Ltd, her husband’s companies.
- She participated in a beauty contest by Gladrags Magazine in March 2015, held at JW Marriott, Pune, where she secured the title of ‘Most Beautiful.’
- In 2016, Chaitra returned to the entertainment industry to host the popular cookery show Star Saviruchi, which was telecast on Colors Kannada.
- In 2019, she established a preschool called TIME Kids in Rajajinagar, Bangalore. In 2021, she posted a status on her Facebook account, announcing her intentions to sell the preschool.
- In March 2021, Balaji filed an application in the family court for divorce alleging that his wife was harassing him.
- She began her career as a makeup artist in Bangalore in 2022 and established the Instagram page titled ‘Get Gorgeous with Chythrra,’ where she takes bookings and regularly posts pictures of her work.
- In 2022, she participated in the TCS World 10K Bengaluru, her first marathon.