Education: M.A. In Psychology
Age: 42 Years
Hometown: Devanur, Karnataka
|Profession(s)||Writer, Journalist, Director, and Actor|
|Famous Name||D J Chakravarthy Chandrachud Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||15 August 1978 (Tuesday) Facebook|
|Age (as of 2020)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Devanur, Chikmagalur District, Karnataka|
|Hometown||Devanur, Chikmagalur District, Karnataka|
|College/University||• Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering in Mysore, Karnataka
• University of Mysore
|Educational Qualification||• B.E. in Instrumentation Technology
• M.A. in Psychology Wikipedia Facebook
|Caste||Vishwakarma DNA India|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Facebook|
|Controversy||After his separation from his second wife Shruthi in 2014, she accused him of spying on her and mentally harassing her. During an interview, Shruthi shared how Chakravarthy Chandrachud harassed her, she said,
"The problem began when I found out that my maid Shobha was spying on me for Chandrachud. He employed her during the time I got busy with elections. After I returned from campaigning, I found out that Shobha was reporting everything that happened in my house to Chandrachud. I should have immediately complained against her, but she pleaded with me so I didn’t complain, but I did sack her.”
She further added that,
"Soon, Chandrachud rented a house right opposite mine and began harassing me and my daughter. He would come home drunk every night and ask me to open the door; he threatened to scream and create a fuss if I didn’t speak to him. He would even follow my daughter to her school bus stop and harass her. Living in our own house got difficult for us as Chandrachud always kept track of what we were doing. He, along with his journalist friends, would chat and smoke in front of my house till after midnight. He would often say, ‘I will ensure that bad things are written about you,’ but I ignored this as I didn’t think that he was serious. A month and a half after removing my maid, I got to know that she filed a complaint against me, claiming that I had hit her and that I locked her daughter in a room.” The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2013
|Marriage Place||Kollur, Udupi|
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife: Manjula
Second Wife: Shruthi (Actor and Politician; separated in 2014)
• Chukki (from his first wife, Manjula)
• Gowri (Stepdaughter; from his second wife, Shruthi)
|Parents||Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chakravarthy Chandrachud
- Chakravarthy Chandrachud is a South Indian journalist, writer, actor, and director.
- He was an active member of the student unions DYFI and SFI while he was in college.
- While in college, he was attracted to the social work done by the famous Indian water conservationist and environmentalist Rajendra Singh. Later, he studied the working of the Indian social activists Rajendra Singh and Anna Hazare and followed their footsteps to work for the welfare of the environment.
- Thereafter, to promote water conservation, he published a book in the Kannada language titled ‘Jala Jana Kranti.’
- After receiving great feedback for this book, he published a few more books like ‘Khali Shilube,’ ‘Mailu Tutta’ and ‘Saava Kolluvavarige Shikshe Illa.’
- He started his career as a journalist and worked for the weekly newspaper ‘Lankesh Patrike.’
- He has also directed and scripted a few Kannada films like ‘Janma’ (2013).
- Chandrachud has acted in a few Kannada films such as ‘Ranganayaki’ (2019) and ‘Melobba Maayaavi’ (2020).
- In 2013, he tied the knot with the ‘Bigg Boss Kannada 3’ winner Shruthi who was divorced from her first husband, S. Mahendar, at that time. During an interview, he talked about getting married to Shruthi, he said,
I’ve known Shruthi for over 25 years. We’re from the same taluk in Hassan, we’re both Vishwakarma and our mothers are related. But it is not these similarities that got us together. We are soulmates.”
- Within a year, their married life started facing problems when Chandrachud’s first wife Manjula filed a case against him for getting married for the second time without filing a divorce from her. After considering the whole matter, even Shruthi supported Manjula. Later, the court gave the verdict that Chandrachud and Shruthi’s marriage was null and void, and within a year of their marriage, the duo got separated. The Times of India
- In 2017, based on the Kalasa Banduri Issue (dispute over the distribution of Mandovi river’s water), he released a Kannada documentary “Mahamarana.”
- Chakravarthy was investigated in the murder case of the Indian senior journalist and activist Gauri Lankesh. Times Now
- He participated in the TV reality show “Bigg Boss Kannada 8’ in 2021 hosted by the famous South Indian actor Sudeep Kichcha.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and workouts in the gym regularly.
- Chakravarthy Chandrachud has a Skoda Laura car.
- In his leisure time, he loves to play the flute.
- Chandrachud is a dog lover, and he owns a pet dog.