Hometown: Mandya, Karnataka
Marital Status: Married
Height: 5' 5"
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandrakala Mohan
- Chandrakala Mohan is an Indian actress who mostly works in the Kannada film and television industry.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in Mandya, Karnataka.
- She was inclined towards acting since childhood.
- Chandrakala got married at the age of thirteen.
- She gave birth to her first child at the age of fourteen.
- Her second child was born when she was nineteen years old.
- She began her acting career in 1995 with a Kannada TV serial.
- Chandrakala rose to fame in 2012 with the TV serial “Chandrakala Mohan in Chandrakala Mohan in “Putta Gowri Maduve” in which she played the role of ‘Ajjamma,’ an aged grandmother. She won various accolades for her portrayal of the role.
- As of 2021, she has appeared in more than 300 TV serials.
- Some of her popular TV serials include Moodala Mane (2003), Krishna Rukmini (2011), Shree (2018), and Kusumanjali (2019).
- Chandrakala has also featured in Kannada films like Naa Rani Nee Maharani (2010), Bhaktha Shankara (2012), Aantharya (2013), Chandrika (2015), Pilibail Yamunakka (2016), Abhisaarike (2018), and Udumba (2019).
- In 2017, she appeared as a contestant in the celebrity Kabaddi show “Sooper Kabaddi.”
- Chandrakala has featured in the advertisement of brands like Big Bazar.
- In 2021, she entered the house of Bigg Boss Kannada 8 as a contestant.
- She likes to cook and read books in her spare time.
- In an interview, Chandrakala shared that her husband was very supportive regarding her career choices.
- While sharing the details of her married life in a chat show, Chandrakala revealed that she didn’t reciprocate her children’s emotions in the beginning as she was unable to understand them. However, things began to change later. She even revealed that she started taking up her family’s responsibilities when she turned twenty-one.