|Famous Role||"John B" in Netflix Web Series, "Outer Banks" (2020)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Color||Medium Ash Blond|
|Debut||TV: Lost Island (2015)
Film: Between Waves (2018)
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1992 Decider|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|School||Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Florida|
|College/University||• Valencia College, Florida
• University of Central Florida
|Educational Qualification(s) Gossip Gist||• Association of Arts degree from Valencia College in 2012
• MBA from the University of Central Florida in 2015
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Xio Montalvo (split in 2017)
|Parents||Father- Jeff Stokes (entrepreneur)
Mother- Jennifer Canning
Step-mother- Nikki Osterman Stokes (psychologist)
|Siblings||Brother- Kaden Stokes (step)
Sister- Kendall Nicole Stokes (step)
Note: He has three more siblings - Evan Walker, Rylie Walker, and Griffin Walker.
|Actor(s)||Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp|
|Film||Pulp Fiction (1994), Uncut Gems (2019)|
|Leader||Martin Luther King, Jr.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chase Stokes
- Chase Stokes is an American actor who rose to fame after playing the role of “John B” in the Netflix web series “Outer Banks” (2020).
- His father, Jeff Stokes is the president of STRIDE franchise LLC.
- After his parents divorced each other, his father got married to his step-mother, Nicki Osterman Stokes who is a psychologist.
- Chase Stokes was raised by his biological mother, Jennifer Canning, and it was she who loaned him $100 to get to the audition of Netflix.
- He spent most of his childhood in South Florida where he did his schooling and graduation in an Arts degree and also pursued an MBA.
- While still in college, he worked as a salesman at a local fitness facility in Florida and also worked in an IT company for a short duration.
- He was very passionate about acting since his childhood. After completing his studies, he struggled a lot to get work in the film industry, and finally, he appeared in a short film titled “Lost Island” in 2015.
- After Lost Island, he was seen as ‘Ethan Terri’ in the television series “Base” (2015).
- His first highlighted performance came in 2016 when he appeared in “Stranger Things,” a Netflix science fiction, drama-horror web television series.
- After making his film debut with “Between Waves” (2018), he went on to do many other projects, like The First (2018), The Beach House (2018), and Tell Me Your Secrets (2019).
- When Chase Stokes appeared as “John B” in the Netflix series “Outer Banks” in 2020, it proved to be his career breakthrough. His role as a ringleader in Outer Banks earned laurels from all around.
- Before making a career in acting, he worked as a lifeguard at Orlando Country Club for almost four years.
- In the initial years of his career, he also did modeling for Abercrombie & Fitch.
- In an interview, he admitted that when he was first offered the role of John B in Outer Banks, he had passed it; thinking that it was a reboot of Goonies. He said,
I thought it was a Goonies reboot. The description said ‘Four friends on a treasure hunt,’ and I thought, I don’t want to be a part of ruining The Goonies.” People
- Soon after meeting the creators of “Outer Banks” and the rest of its cast in Charleston, Stokes was put onto a rigorous training required for the role of “John B.” He was trained in scuba diving, swimming, and driving boats. While talking about it, he says,
I grew up on the water, so I knew how to surf and knew how to drive boats.”
- During the shoot of Outer Banks, he became good friends with the rest of its cast, and they enjoyed a lot while shooting at various locations. Stokes says,
It felt like we were cheating the system. Like a bunch of friends making a TV show. It was the most mind-boggling, insanely euphoric experience I’ve ever had in my life.”
- In Outer Banks, one thing that the audience liked the most is his chemistry with his costar Madeline Cline who played as John B’s love interest “Sarah Cameron.” While talking about Madeline Cline, he says,
I mean she was an incredible partner with whom to work across from and she’s got a bit of a deep soul and she cares about her work. So to work with somebody who is also very passionate about what she does and to be able to share that and want to stay true to the authentic love story with her is a lot of fun.”
- In his leisure time, Stokes loves to play the guitar.
- Reportedly, Chase Stokes is also the founder and CEO of the Creative Movement Group.
- In an interview, he revealed that before becoming an actor, he wanted to become a sportsperson and was interested in Ice Hockey. However, after having several injures, he quit the plan to become a sportsperson. Once, an ice hockey coach told him –
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.”
And since then, it has become his personal motto.
- He loves dogs and has a pet dog – Jack.
- Chase Stokes and the rest of the cast of Outer Banks were locked in a quarantine center in Los Angeles during the Corona outbreak in 2020.
References/Sources: [ + ]