Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Cruise
- Does Tom Cruise smoke?: Yes
- Does Tom Cruise drink alcohol?: No
- Tom Cruise grew up in near poverty.
- He had a abusive father to whom he has described as “a merchant of chaos”.
- He used to play Floor Hockey in his school.
- In 14 years, Tom Cruise attended 15 schools.
- He does all the things with his left hand except writing, which he does with his right hand.
- In 1988, he won a Razzie Award for Worst Actor for the film “Cocktail”.
- In 1989, he won Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for the film “Born on the Fourth of July” and was also his first Academy Award Nomination for Best Actor.
- He had never allowed his images to be used in action figures and video-games.
- He has been nominated three times for an Oscar but has never won one.
- In 1996, he earned his second Golden Globe Award and second nomination for the Academy Award for the film “Jerry Maguire”.
- His most successful movie is the Mission Impossible series and in 1996, it was the first US feature film which opened in more than 3000 theaters.
- In 1999, he received his third Golden Globe Award and third nomination for the Academy Award for the film “Magnolia”.
- He is a promoter of Scientology and has campaigned for it to be recognized as a religion in Europe.
- In 2006, he was ranked as the world’s most powerful celebrity by the “Forbes” magazine.
- Japan declared October 10, 2006 as “Tom Cruise Day” because he has made more trips to Japan than any other Hollywood celebrity.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)