Some Lesser Known Facts About Courtney Cox
- Courtney Cox was a cheerleader, an avid tennis player and swimmer in her school.
- She was raised in an exclusive society in Mountain Brook, Alabama by an archetypal father. She became a rebellion teen and did not make it easy for her mother and stepfather.
- Cox was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her role Jules Cobb in the TV show Cougar Town.
- She also owns a production company that she co-founded with her then husband David Arquette.
- Her parents divorced in 1974 and her mother married Ian Copeland’s businessman uncle.
- She appeared in Bruce Springsteen’s music video “Dancing in the night” in 1984. She played the young woman Bruce Springsteen pulled onto the stage to dance with.
- Cox was auditioned for the role of Rachel Green but was selected for the role of Monica Geller.
- Registered in the Gunniese Book of World Records, is the record that she became the highest paid actor along with her co-stars. She was paid $1 million per episode for the last two seasons.
- Everyone had “Arquette” added after their names in the credits of the episode “The One After The Vegas”. Also, Chandler decides not to get married in that episode!
- Cox met her ex-husband on the sets of Scream, who played her on-screen love interest in the movie.
- She was producer Marc’s first choice for the role of Susan Mayer on Desperate Housewives. She had to turn it down because she was pregnant.
- The news was in the air that there is going to be a movie, based on the TV show FRIENDS as the movie Sex in The City was a good success; but Warner Bros. Denied it!
- Jenifer Aniston is Courtney’s daughter Coco’s Godmother!
- She got divorced from David after two long years of separation. They still have a close friendship and partners in a business.
- She knows how to play drums and piano.
- On being asked in an interview that which FRIEND would you like to “do”, she said it would be Chandler cause his sarcasm matches Monica’s. They did hook up in the show after one year exactly!
- Just like her character, she is a clean freak in real life too. She would clean other people’s dresser rooms.
- She had “Courtney’s Candy Cabinet” on the FRIENDS set. Her favorite is Butterfinger.
- She was pregnant while shooting for the final season of FRIENDS.
- Cox got her first modelling work when she was in first year, for the store Parisians.
- Courtney is funding and raising awareness for the skin disease epidomolysis bullosa. She has designed an eye shadow, named after her daughter CoCo for Cargo Cosmetics. All profits are used for R&D to cure the disease.
- Courtney shares Screen Guild Award with rest of the team of the FRIENDS cast for Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Comedy series in 1996. They received it for six consecutive years. One each aye!
- She appeared in a TV commercial for Tampax and was the first person to use the word “period” on TV.
- She is the youngest in the Cox family.
- Courtney has changed four houses that she fixed and redecorated herself.
- Cox quit smoking the night just before the day David proposed her.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)