Father: Ashok Kumar
Hometown: Mumbai, India
|Being the daughter of veteran Indian actor Ashok Kumar
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Salt and Pepper
|Film: Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001)
|Date of Birth
|17 January 1940 (Thursday)
|Date of Death
|20 September 2022
|Place of Death
|403, Ashok Kumar Towers, 47 Union Park, Chembur 71, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Age (at the time of death)
|Prolonged Illness Her Zindagi
|403 Ashok Kumar Towers, 47 Union Park, Chembur 71, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|First Husband- Dr Veerendra Patel (orthodontist)
Second Husband- Hamid Jaffrey (actor)
• Rahul Patel (fashion photographer)
• Saahil Jaffery (actor)
Daughter- Anuradha Patel (actress)
Son-in-law- Kanwaljit Singh (actor)
|Father- Ashok Kumar (actor)
Mother- Shobha Devi
|Brother- Aroop Ganguly
• Rupa Verma
• Preeti Ganguly
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bharati Jaffrey
- Bharati Jaffery was an Indian actress and theatre artist. She is best known for being the eldest daughter of veteran Indian actor Ashok Kumar. On 20 September 2022, she died due to a prolonged illness in Mumbai, India. Soon after her demise, her son-in-law and popular actor Kanwaljit Singh shared the news on one of his social media accounts. The daughter of Bharati is married to Kanwaljit Singh.
- During her acting career, Bharti Jaffrey earned the distinction of being cast in a German International movie.
- In 1998, Bharti Jaffrey was cast in the television show Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa. In 1999, she appeared in the famous television serial Saans, which was aired on Star Plus. The other cast of the serial included Neena Gupta and Kanwaljit Singh.
- In 2001, Bharti Jaffrey appeared in the film ‘Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence’ starring Indian actress Raveena Tandon, and the picture was directed by Kalpana Lajmi. In this picture, she appeared in a supporting role and portrayed a strong and powerful village woman.
- Once, in a media conversation, Bharati Jaffery stated that her acting career was inspired by her father, Ashok Kumar. She added that she and her sister used to accompany him to his shooting sets, where they were pampered like princesses. She recalled,
Papa exposed us to world cinema and the creative arts. I used to go to the sets with him and we used to be treated like little princesses. Those days, there was no television.”
- Bharti Jaffrey was the niece of legendary Indian singer and actor, Kishore Kumar. The famous Indian actors and singers Deb Mukherjee, Joy Mukherjee, Amit Kumar, and Shomu Kumar were her cousins. Her daughter, Anuradha Patel was last seen in the film Ready starring Salman Khan and Asin in the lead roles. Anuradha Patel and her husband Kanwaljit Singh have three children Mariam, Aditya, and Siddharth who works in the Indian film and television industry.
- Bharti Jaffrey’s husband Hamid Jaffrey is the brother of veteran Indian actor Saeed Jaffrey. The popular Indian actresses Rani Mukerji and Kajol are her nieces.
Ayan Mukerji, an Indian filmmaker is her nephew.
- According to Bharati Jaffery, an award should be named after Ashok Kumar and the title of this award should be ‘Outstanding performer of the year.’
- Reportedly, Bharati Jaffery was married twice. Her first husband’s name was Dr Virendra Patel, who hailed from Gujarat. The couple has a daughter named Anuradha Patel. After her separation from her first husband, she married Hameed Jaffrey, who is the brother of the late Indian actor, Saeed Jaffery. The two daughters of Hameed Jaffery named Geneviève and Shaheen from his first marriage were adopted by Bharati Jaffery after the marriage. Hameed Jaffery’s first wife, Valerie Salway, was a Scottish woman. Geneviève married Jagdeep Advani, a Sindhi businessman, and their daughter’s name is Kiara Advani, a popular Indian actress.
- Bharati’s eldest son Rahul Patel is one of Mumbai’s top fashion photographers. Rahul Patel is married to Kiran Patel.