Some Lesser Known Facts Leona Lewis
- Does Leona Lewis smoke?: Not Known
- Does Leona Lewis drink alcohol?: No
- Leona has come a long way from being a contestant to being a judge at the show X-Factor.
- In 2002, Lewis worked as a receptionist and a waitress to support her studio sessions after she left BRIT School to put herself out in the world as a singer.
- She caught attention from the nation and other parts of the world when she won the X-Factor in 2006, winning £1 million as prize money!
- Her single “Bleeding Love” from her debut album made it to the top of the Billboard 100 list and held the position for seven days.
- Lewis has been the most successful X-Factor acts and has sold over 20 million copies world wide.
- Leona has an impressive four-octave vocal range and has a mezzo-soprano voice. She has good control, technique and falsetto.
- She has been classically trained in opera and jazz music.
- She had written her first song when she was only 12 years old.
- Her winner’s single “A moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson, was released in December 2006, which went on to make a world record for 50,000 downloads within 30 minutes.
- Her movie Spirit is a musical one and has won 9 x Platinum status in the UK and Platinum in US.
- Leona Lewis has done only two tours in her entire career. The first tour, The Labyrinth Tour, was inspired by her favorite movie The Labyrinth and the second one, Glassheart Tour, was named after her album Glassheart.
- She practices operatic scales every week.
- Lewis turned down a hefty seven figures amount offered by Mohamed Al Fayed, to open a Harrods sale because they sold products that were made of animal fur.
- Leona also co-owns a fashion company, LOA Clothing Ltd., which she had started with her then boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa in 2008.
- She was named PETA’s Person of the Year for 2008.
- Lewis is a pure-vegetarian.
- She has two horses named Spirit and DiAngelo and had a pet rabbit, Melrose.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)