|Real Name||Courtney Andrew Walsh OJ|
|Nickname||Cuddy, Mark, Duracell, Two C's (along with Curtly Ambrose)|
|Profession||Former West Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 197 cm
in meters- 1.97 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 5½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||ODI- 10 January 1985 against Sri Lanka at Hobart
Test- 9 November 1984 against Australia at Perth
|Domestic/State Team||Gloucestershire County Cricket Club (Gloucestershire CCC)
Jamaica cricket team
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Not Known|
|Favourite delivery||Not Known|
|Records (main ones)||• He became the highest wicket taker in Test Cricket, breaking the record of Kapil Dev's 434 wickets, later Sharne Warne broke this record.
• In 2001, he was the first bowler ever to reach 500 wicket mark in International Cricket.
• In Batting, he holds the record for most ducks in Test Cricket (43), he also holds the record of most number of not-outs in Test Cricket.
• He holds the record of bowling most balls (30,019) by any fast bowler in Test Cricket.
|Career Turning Point||In 1979 when he took 10 wickets in an innings in School Cricket.|
|Date of Birth||30 October 1962|
|Age (as in 2015)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Molynes Road, in the Half Way Tree area of Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies.|
|Educational Qualifications||Higher Seconary|
|Family||Father- Eric Walsh
Mother- Joan Wollaston
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Favourite Player||Pele (Football)|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some lesser known facts about Courtney Walsh
- Does Courtney Walsh Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Courtney Walsh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- In December 1986 against Sri Lanka, Walsh took 5 wickets giving away only 1 run in 2 overs. This was his only five-wicket haul in an ODI.
- He had the batting average of only 7 runs and highest score of 30 runs both in ODI & Test format.
- He along with Curtly Ambrose took 421 wickets from 49 Test matches, they are considered as the best ever opening bowler partners in the history of Cricket.
- He is considered as a player who played with a true gentleman spirit. An example of which many people still remember is when he had a chance to mankad (running out batsmen when non stricker’s end batsmen runs before bowler bowls) Saleem Jaffar but he chose not to do so (as it is not considered as in true sportsmanship) (Incident: Jaffar the non-striker’s end ran before Walsh bowled his delivery, Walsh stopped after running up and bowled again without mankading Jaffar) when Pakistan only needed 2 runs to qualify for the Semi’s of 1987 World Cup, West Indies went on to lose that match but Walsh won hearts of Cricket fans for that incident.
- He is considered the fittest fast bowler ever, he is known for giving his 100% in every match.
- His career in International Cricket lasted for 17 years, which is considered extremely good for a fast bowler.
- He became more dangerous bowler with his increasing age, during late 90’s, Walsh was considered as the most difficult bowler to score runs.
- He owns a restaurant named CuddyZ’ in Jamaica.
- Walsh never married, he has 3 children from his girlfriend and he lives with his mother, he says he loved to cook food for her mother.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)