Some Lesser Known Facts About Cwaayal Singh
- Cwaayal Singh is an Indian actor and model who has worked in several print advertisements and TV commercials. In 2023, he rose to fame after appearing as Balli in the Netflix series Class (2023), an Indian version of the Spanish series Elite (2018).
- During his school days, Cwaayal was an NCC Cadet.
- Before making his Netflix web series debut, he worked as a theatre artist for three years. Cwaayal took part in many plays including Chitt Main Jeeta Patt Tu Haara and 100 gram Zindagi. He also performed in a nukkad natak (street play) in 2017.
- In 2020, Cwaayal worked played the role of one of the protagonists in a short film titled Midnight Delivery.
- In an interview, Cwaayal revealed that once he and his classmates were fighting in school and the principal saw them following which he started beating them with a stick. In the middle of the scolding, the principal suffered from a heart attack and later, Cwaayal and the boys got suspended from school.
- Cwaayal Singh is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his fitness regimen on social media.
- In an interview, Cwaayal said that if he were to have a meal with a celebrity, it would be Kartik Aaryan.
- He has appeared in many TV commercials for popular brands including Pepsi, Fastrack, cult.fit, Max Fashion, Dabur, and Frito-Lay.
- Cwaayal likes to dance and he often posts dance videos on social media.
- In an interview, Cwaayal revealed that he loved eating paranthas.
- In an Instagram post, Cwaayal revealed that when he got the role of Balli in the series Class (2023), he was very scared as it was his debut. He went to the audition during the Covid-19 pandemic. In the post, he also said,
I was out of shape, lazy, confused and scared just like we all were. My agency asked me to audition for this role, I took one day to prepare and since I am not from Delhi or Haryana and this was a character requiring a Haryanvi accent, I called a friend of mine to get well versed with the accent and after 5-6 trial tests and some patience, I got a call from production 3-4 months later and they said- WELCOME ABOARD BALLI!”
- Cwaayal revealed on his social media that he ate chicken and broccoli to get into shape for the role of Balli in Class (2023).
- In an interview, while talking about his initial reaction after reading the script of the show Class (2023), Cwaayal said,
They informed me of the intimate scenes and asked me to read the contract and give them an answer and I was like arre yaar yeh bhi hai ?!”
- During the shooting of the TV show Class (2023), Cwaayal contracted the Coronavirus twice and also suffered a bout of dengue.