Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjali Sivaraman
- Anjali Sivaraman is an Indian model, singer, and actor. In 2022, she appeared in the Netflix Hindi film ‘Cobalt Blue.’
- Anjali Sivaraman was born and brought up in Bangalore.
- Since childhood, she was inclined towards singing. During an interview, she talked about it. She said,
Music is in my blood. My mom is a singer. All our family functions would consist of everyone gathering around and singing – that was our idea of bonding. In school, I was in the choir. There was music all around me. I did have this rebellious phase, where I quit my singing class without telling my mom. Many years later, I realized the importance of formal training, so I am back at it again.”
- In 2014, after completing her diploma, she started working at RE Hospitality in London, UK, as a hospitality staff.
- She then returned to India and started working as a model.
- Later, she shifted to Mumbai and started assisting a film director. After working there for a few months, she auditioned for a TV commercial for the Vivo phone and got selected. During an interview, she talked about getting her first TV commercial. She said,
I was working as an Assistant Director at a music studio in Mumbai. I was hanging out with a friend after work; she was on her way to an audition. She asked if I was interested in tagging along. I figured, why not? I was utterly frazzled after a tiring day at work. My hair was a mess; I had no make-up on. Everyone around me was tall with long and straight hair, face full of makeup. It was quite intimidating.”
I was sure I was not going to make it. By some miracle, the casting team selected me. That is how I did my first commercial for Vivo (with Ranveer Singh), completely by chance. Casting directors and agencies then started approaching me. Four years down the line, I am still doing it.”
- Anjali has featured in TV commercials of many popular brands like Center Fresh, La Shield, Sofy, Whisper, and Tinder.
- She has showcased the collection of Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Masaba Gupta in many print advertisements.
- On 2 July 2013, she started a software company in Bangalore named Darkhorse Productions Private Limited in partnership with her mother.
- She loves animals and has a few pet dogs and cats. She even volunteered for the international association of cat clubs ‘World Cat Federation’ in 2013.
- In 2018, she appeared in the ALTBalaji’s Hindi web series ‘PM Selfiewallie.’ She played the role of Meera in the web series.
- Anjali has uploaded a few cover songs like “Unchained Melody” (2018), “La Vie En Rose” (2018), and “Hurt You” (2019) on her self-titled YouTube channel.
- She acted in the Hindi short film ‘It’s Complicated’ in 2020.
- Anjali has been featured on the cover page of Elle India magazine.
- She loves to do water sports and sketching, whenever she gets time from her busy schedule.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol at various events.