|Full Name||Dalip Tahiliani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||30 October 1952|
|Age (as in 2017)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Sherwood College, Nainital, Uttarakhand|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Bollywood: Ankur (1974)
Hindi TV: Buniyaad (1986-1987)
British TV: Bombay Blue
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, Playing Cricket|
|Controversy||On 23 September 2018, at around 9 pm, he was arrested by the Khar police for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol and ramming his car into an autorickshaw, injuring passengers inside it.
In October 2023, he was sentenced to two month jail in the case. Hindustan Times
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Children||Son- Dhruv Tahiliani (Actor)
Daughter- Name Not Known
|Parents||Father- Ghansham Jethanand Tahilramani (Used to work in the Indian Air Force)
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister- 1 (Name Not Known)
- Does Dalip Tahil smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dalip Tahil drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his school days, Dalip took a keen interest in sports and was the part of the Cricket, Hockey, and Football teams. He also took part in many other extra-curricular activities like debates, dramas, etc.
- After his schooling, he was enrolled to Aligarh Muslim University for further studies, but he left university within a year because of the shifting of his family to Mumbai. He then completed his study from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
- While he was in college, he joined a theatre group where he got trained in acting under ‘Alyque Padamsee’ and ‘Pearl Padamsee.’
- Dalip has done numerous famous plays and theatre musicals like ‘Godspell’, ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’, ‘Evita’, ‘Bombay Dreams’, etc.
- He got his first break in 1974 in the Bollywood film ‘Ankur.’
- By the year 2017, he had acted in over 100 Bollywood films.
- In 1969, Dalip made a record to win the ‘Kendall Cup’ three times; one for his role of ‘Joseph’ in the play ‘My Three Angels’, second for his role of ‘Macbeth’ in the play ‘Macbeth’, and the third for one more play.
- In 1994, he released his music album ‘Raaz Ki Baaten.’
- He did a Sindhi film ‘Paarewari’ (2004) and a Punjabi film ‘Sajna Ve Sajna’ (2007).
- Dalip Tahil also acted in some famous British TV serials like ‘EastEnders’ (2003), ‘Nuclear Secrets’ (2007), etc.
- Apart from being a great actor, he is a good singer and has sung several times on stage. He also performed with A. R. Rahman during Rahman’s theatre musical ‘Bombay Dreams’ world tour.
- In 2017, he did a live-action film ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ that was originally released in English language and dubbed in the Hindi language.
- In January 2017, Dalip joined the ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’ (BJP) just before the elections of BMC.