Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 47 Years
|Famous For||His songs "Chaiyya Chaiyya" and "Jai Ho"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Singer): Karma (1986)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song "Chaiyya Chaiyya" from the film 'Dil Se.." (1999)
• Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song "Haule Haule" from the film 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' (2009)
• Academy Award for Best Original Song for the song "Jai Ho" from the film 'Slumdog Millionaire' (2009)
• Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media for the song "Jai Ho' (2010)
• National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for his rendition of the song "Bismil Bismil" in the film 'Haider' (2014)
• Silver Lotus Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the film 'Haider' (2015)
• Golden Sparrow Award for Best Male Playback Singer at India's first Diorama International Film Festival & Market for the song "Kar Har Maidan Fateh" from the film 'Sanju' (2019)
|Date of Birth||18 July 1971 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Sharika Pind, Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Tattoo||On The Left Bicep: A Mike
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Food||Mexican Food, Methi Aloo, Amritsari Kulcha, Pav Bhaji, Mangalorean Rice, and Fish Curry|
|Actor||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Laxmikant Pyarelal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sukhwinder Singh
- Does Sukhwinder Singh smoke?: Yes
- Does Sukhwinder Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sukhwinder was just 8 years old when he gave his first stage performance on the song Sa Re Ga Ma from the film Abhinetri.
- Both his parents died when he was just 9 years old.
- He went to Leicester in London to learn music.
- In 1998, he received immense fame with the song Chaiyya Chaiyya from the film Dil Se.
- He is a devotee of Lord Shiva and Goddess Saraswati.
- He has sung 7 songs for Shahrukh Khan, and all have been big hits.
- In his early career, he made a Punjabi album Munda Southhall Da with T. Singh and Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
- He and A.R.Rahman have given so many hit songs like Chaiyya Chaiyya (Dil Se), Ramta Jogi (Taal), Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na), Thok De Killi (Raavan), etc.
- He was just 13 years old when he composed a famous Punjabi song Tutak Tutak Tutiya for singer Malkit Singh.
- In 2014, he participated in dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7.
- He has worked as a music director in 10 Bollywood films.
- His hit track “Chaiyya Chaiyya” from the film ‘Dil Se..” was later opted in the Hollywood film “Inside Man,” which starred actors like Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster.
- He considers Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan his inspiration.
- Sukhwinder told during an interview that he wakes up early in the morning.
- He is mostly known for his Sufi tunes, but Sukhwinder once revealed that he loved singing dance numbers.
- Sukhwinder sang an opera for the first time for the Bollywood film “Sachin: A Billion Dreams.”
- He is a dog lover and owns two pomeranian dogs.
- The popular music composer, A. R. Rahman once called Sukhwinder and asked if he could write a song for Govind Nihalani film “Thakshak.” Although Sukhwinder had never attempted that kind of assignment before, he decided to give it a try and wrote ‘Mujhe Rang De.’ The song was a huge hit and also marked the beginning of their friendship.
- Sukhwinder told in an interview that he practised singing while running on the treadmill so as to maintain the quality of his voice.
- Not just in India, Sukhwinder has made a mark in the international market as well. Around 50 per cent of his audience includes non-Indians. Sukhwinder has a massive fan following in the UK, where he began his music career.
- His friends and family fondly call him Sukhi.