Some Lesser Known Facts About Darshana Rajendran
- Darshana Rajendran is an Indian actress as well as a playback singer who primarily works in the Malayalam and Tamil film industry.
- In an interview, Drashana talked about her childhood and said that she often sang when she was young; she also continued it while she was a student in college. She also said,
Long before acting or theatre happened to me, it was always music. I sang as a child and in college and was part of a cappella groups and choirs on the side while I started working. Long before I realized I wanted to act, I thought of music as my only connection to the arts and secretly garnered this tiny hope of being able to sing professionally someday. I’m certain that the little girl who dreamed that then impossible dream is very happy today.”
- Darshana’s maternal grandfather was conferred with Padma Shri in 2020 as a recognition of his exceptional and distinguished service in the field of literature and education.
- When Darshana was working at the Institute of Financial Management and Research, she got fascinated with theatre and took part in several plays. Thereafter she joined several theaters in Chennai including Perch, The Little Theatre, Theatre Y, Stray Factory, Evam, and The Boardwalkers.
- She was working in the finance department when she left her job in order to make acting her full-time job.
- Darshana Rajendran is interested in storytelling and has been invited to narrate stories to students at numerous schools.
- Darshana worked in several Malayalam films including Mayaanadhi (2017), Samarppanam (2017), Vijay Superum Pournamiyum (2019), C U Soon (2020), and Thuramukham (2023).
- Darshana has played a variety of roles in Tamil films including Kalpana in the film Kavan (2017), Anjali Vasudevan in Virus (2019), and Alia in Theeviram (2020). In the film Virus, Darshana’s mother, Neeraja Rajendran also worked with her on screen.
- In 2021, she played the role of Archana Pillai in an Indian Malayalam-language Netflix film titled Irul.
- Darshana Rajendran appeared in the film ‘Dear Friend’ (2022) in which he played the role of Jannath.
- In 2016, she appeared in the Tamil web series titled Ctrl Alt Del in which she played the role of Madhumitha.
- Darshana was nominated for SIIMA Awards 2021 for best actress in a leading role for the film ‘C U Soon.’
- Darshana has lent her voice as a playback singer for the songs ‘Bavra Mann’ from the film Mayaanadhi (2017), Kattuneerin Chaalilayi from the film Sarcas Circa 2020 (2021), and Darshana from the film Hridayam (2022). In an interview, she said that she enjoyed singing as it had always been very personal to her. She further added,
Singing for me was always very personal. I enjoy singing for myself and for people close to me. After singing for a scene in Mayaanadhi and putting out a cover of the lovely ‘Bawra Mann’, it unexpectedly opened up to many more people. Singing for ‘Darshana’ (the song in Hridayam) was special. I was quite nervous about it, but Hesham and Vineethettan (Vineeth Sreenivasan) recorded me at Hesham’s home studio and tried to make it less intimidating for me. I enjoyed the process very much. I am hoping to invest a lot more time learning and singing.”
- In an interview, while talking about her interests, Darshana said that she began doing calligraphy and also playing guitar.
I started to pick up calligraphy and the guitar, I learned to compost and make bio-enzymes recently, and to read and write Urdu over the lockdown.”