Shriya Saran Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Haridwar, Uttarakhand
Husband: Andrei Koscheev
Age: 37 Years
|Full Name||Shriya Saran Bhatnagar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6” Times of India
|Debut||Film, Telugu: Ishtam (2001)
Film, Bollywood: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Film, Tamil: Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
Film, Kannada: Arasu (2007)
Film, Hollywood: The Other End of the Line (2008)
Film, Malayalam: Pokkiri Raja (2010)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||South Scope Style Award
2008: Best Actress for Sivaji: The Boss
2009: Exciting New Face for Mission Istanbul
Amrita Mathrubhumi Award
2010: Best Actress for Kanthaswamy Thoranai
2011: Best Actress Award for Rowthiram
TV9 TSR National Award
2015: Best Actress for Manam
Santosham Film Awards
2015: Best Actress for Manam
TV9 TSR National Award
2016: Best Actress for Gopala Gopala
Santosham Film Awards
2016: Best Actress for Gautamiputra Satakarni
|Date of Birth||11 September 1982 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||37 Years|
|School||• Delhi Public School in Ranipur, Uttarakhand
• Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Literature Times of India|
|Caste||Kayastha Times of India|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The Hindu|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, and Reading Books|
|Controversy||On 11 January 2008, a Hindu organisation in Chennai 'Hindu Makkal Katchi' (HMK) filed a police complaint against Shriya, objecting to the outfit worn by her during the 175th-day celebration of the film Sivaji: The Boss. Shriya appeared in the event wearing a deep necked and short dress. Actor Rajinikanth and former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Karunanidhi were also present at the event. The Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) filed a complaint against Shriya for offending Hindu culture.
Later, in an interview, she apologised, she said,
I was unaware of the repercussions that would arise because of the attire I wore during the function. I came to know about the silver jubilee function while shooting for a Hindi film in Thanjavur. I came to the function directly from the shooting spot.” Rediff
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Jesse Metcalfe, American Actor (rumoured, 2008) Whos Dated Who
• Siddharth, Actor (rumoured, 2012) Whos Dated Who
• Dwayne Bravo, Cricketer (rumoured, 2016) India Today
• Rana Daggubati, Actor (rumoured, 2016) Bollywood Life
• Andrei Koscheev (Businessman and Tennis Player)
|Marriage Date||19 March 2018|
|Marriage Place||Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur, Rajasthan|
|Husband/Spouse||Andrei Koscheev (Tennis Player and Entrepreneur)
|Parents||Father- Pushpinder Saran (retired civil engineer from BHEL, New Delhi)
Mother- Neerja Saran (retired Chemistry teacher)
|Siblings||Brother- Abhiroop Saran (works at FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd, Mumbai)
|Colour(s)||Black and Red|
|Cuisines||South Indian and Bengali|
|Book||Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, and Nagarjuna|
|Salary||One crore per film Daily Hunt|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shriya Saran
- Shriya was born in a North Indian family.
- She completed her schooling and college from Uttarakhand and New Delhi.
- Shriya started her initial training in Kathak and Rajasthani folk dance from her mother, at a very young age.
- Later, she joined an open-air theatre ‘Jhankaar’ at BHEL, New Delhi.
- She started her professional training in Kathak at the age of 14. She is trained in Kathak under Shovana Narayan in Delhi.
- She used to perform in Shovana’s dancing troupe across India.
- On the advice of Shovana, Shriya auditioned for a music video ‘Thirakti Kyun Hawa.’ She got selected for it, and the music video was shot in Banaras.
- The filmmakers of ‘Ramoji Films’ spotted her in the video and offered her the Telugu film ‘Ishtam’ (2001).
- Her first hit film was ‘Santosham’ (2002), with the actors Nagarjuna and Prabhu Deva.
- Soon, she started getting films in different languages including Hindi, Tamil, English, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- In 2003, Shriya and R. Madhavan hosted the 50th Filmfare South Awards.
- She was featured on the cover page of well-known magazines like Galatta Cinema (2007), Maxim India (2008), and Femina (2012).
- She acted in many Telugu films including Chennakesava Reddy (2002), Nenunnanu (2004), Balu (2005), Chhatrapati (2005), Don Seenu (2010), Gayatri (2018), and N.T.R: Kathanayakudu (2019).
- She has acted in some of the most popular Bollywood films including Awarapan (2007) and Drishyam (2015).
- She appeared in various Tamil films like Mazhai (2005), Thiruvilaiyaadal Aarambam (2006), Chandra (2014), and Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan (2017).
- She got immense popularity with the blockbuster film ‘Sivaji: The Boss’ (2007) starring the legendary actor Rajinikanth.
- She has acted in a few Hollywood films like ‘The Other End of the Line’ (2008), ‘Cooking with Stella’ (2009), and ‘Midnight’s Children’ (2012).
- She appeared in Kannada films like Arasu (2007) and Chandra (2013).
- She was seen in a few Malayalam films like Pokkiri Raja (2010) and Casanovva (2012).
- She is a popular face in the world of South Indian TV commercials. She appeared in the popular TV commercials of various brands like Pond’s Creams, Coca-Cola, Fair & Lovely creams, Pantene Shampoo, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea, and Colgate Active Salt Healthy White toothpaste.
- She performed with Shah Rukh Khan at the opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Season 4 in April 2010.
- In 2015, she appeared as a guest in a few Hindi TV shows like ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ and ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil.’
- She is a social activist too. She performed in the Mani Ratnam’s stage show ‘Netru, Indru, Naalai to raise funds for “The Banyan,” a voluntary organisation which rehabilitates homeless women with mental illness in Chennai.
- She is associated with various NGOs like Blue Cross of India, Naandi Foundation, and World Vision NGO.
- In 2010, she started her own spa for visually impaired people. At the inauguration of the spa, she said,
When I studied in DPS Mathura Road in Delhi, there was a school for blind exactly opposite to our school. I used to go there every week and spend time seeing how these students played cricket and did other things normally. That is what inspired me to do something for these people.”
- On 12 February 2010, Shriya Saran delivered a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A); with this, she became the first actress and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to do so.
- From 2011 to 2015, she was listed among India’s Top 50 Most Desirable Women.
- In 2014, she became the brand ambassador for Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF).
- She performed at GR8 Women’s Award in 2014.
- She has worked as a model for various print advertisements.
- She has walked the ramp at many renowned fashion shows.
- She loves scuba diving and is a trained diver.
- She loves spending her leisure time with her pet dog.
- She is good friends with the actor Nagarjuna.
|↑1||Times of India|
|↑2||Times of India|
|↑3||Times of India|
|↑6||Whos Dated Who|
|↑7||Whos Dated Who|