|Real Name||Shriya Pushpendra Saran|
|Famous Role||Nandini Salgaonkar in film Drishyam (2015)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 54 kg
in Pounds- 119 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 September 1982|
|Age (as in 2017)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|School||Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Literature|
|Film Debut||Telugu: Ishtam (2001)
Bollywood: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Tamil: Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
Kannada: Arasu (2007)
Hollywood: The Other End of the Line (2008)
Malayalam: Pokkiri Raja (2010)
|Family||Father- Pushpendra Saran (Worked at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL))
Mother- Neerja Saran (Chemistry Teacher)
Brother- Abhiroop Saran (Works in FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd, Mumbai)
|Controversies||• In January 2008, a Hindu organisation in Chennai filed a police complaint against Shriya, objecting to the outfit worn by her during the 175th day celebration of the film Sivaji. The Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) alleged in a complaint that Shriya's outfit had offended Hindu culture.
|Favourite Writer||William Dalrymple|
|Favourite Color||Black, red|
|Favourite Food||Chapati, curry|
|Favorite Book||Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
- Does Shriya Saran smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shriya Saran drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shriya made her first screen appearance in the Renoo Nathan’s debut album Yeh Yaarana by featuring in the song Thirakti Kyun Hawa.
- She then got a breakthrough role in 2001 in the Telugu film Ishtam, wherein she played the lead role of Neha.
- She has worked in different languages such as Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and has learned the skill from famous Kathak dancer- Shovana Narayan.
- In 2003, she hosted the 50th Filmfare South Awards along with actor R. Madhavan.
- She participated in Tamil director Mani Ratnam’s stage show Netru, Indru and Naalai.
- She has featured in various advertisements of popular brands like LUX, Head & Shoulders, Saravana Stores, Kalyan, Vvd hair Oil, Parachute Jasmine Hair Oil, etc.
- She was the first actress and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to deliver a lecture to students at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- She also gave a lecture to students in 2011 at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras on the history of films.
- She is a brand ambassador for the Naandi foundation and for the Save A Child’s Heart (SACH) foundation.
- She was also the brand ambassador of Celebrity Cricket League for its first two seasons.
- She won several awards for Best Actress, such as South Scope Style Award (2008), Amrita Mathrubhumi Award (2010), ITFA Best Actress Award for Rowthiram (2011), TV9 TSR National Award (2015), and Santosham Film Awards (2015).
- Additionally, she was also honored by some popular awards viz. T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Award for Contributions to Telugu Cinema in 2010, GR8 Women’s Award in 2014, etc.