Dineshwar Sharma Age, Biography, Facts & More
|Real Name||Dineshwar Sharma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||23 March 1954|
|Age (as in 2017)||63 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Pali village, Madhubani, Bihar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dineshwar Sharma
- Does Dineshwar Sharma smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dineshwar Sharma drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sharma did his primary education from Pali Village and moved to Gaya to pursue graduation.
- He first qualified for Indian Forest Services (IFS) and then for Indian Police Services (IPS).
- He is a retired Indian Police Services (IPS) officer of 1979 batch of Kerala cadre.
- Initially, he was posted as the Subdivisional Police Officer (SDPO) in the rank of ASP (Asst. Supdt. of Police) in Alappuzha district of Kerala.
- Sharma was the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Border Security Force (BSF) between 1999 and 2003.
- Between 2003 and 2005, he was the Joint Director of IB (Islamist Terrorism Desk).
- Sharma was the head of state Intelligence Bureau when Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh, was the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Sharma served as the chief of Intelligence Bureau between 2014 and 2016.
- After former CBI Director, Anil Kumar Sinha, and former SPG IG, Vivek Srivastava, Sharma is the third officer from Bihar to head a central agency.
- He has worked with incumbent National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval when the latter was serving as the chief of Intelligence Bureau.
- In October 2017, the Government of India appointed Sharma as the Interlocutor for a sustained dialogue in Jammu & Kashmir.
- He has attended training on Intelligence work and Policing methods in East Germany, Poland, South Korea, and Israel.
- Sharma has served in various capacities at several locations across the nation, including Nagaland, Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Lucknow, Gujarat, and Rajasthan.