Rajesh Gopinathan Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known About Rajesh Gopinathan
- Rajesh Gopinathan is an Indian businessman who served as the former CEO and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a provider of IT services and consulting and one of the biggest employers in the nation. In February 2017, he was promoted to Chief Executive after holding the position as Chief Financial Officer since 2013.
- He joined the Tata Strategic Management Group in 1996 and undertook projects with numerous Tata businesses. He transferred from Tata Industries in the US to Tata Consultancy Services in 2001. He obtained multiple promotions in the years that followed and took part in the creation, planning, and execution of the new organizational structure and operational model for the business. He was in charge of managing the finances for each of the company’s divisions in his capacity as the vice president of business finance. He was appointed the company’s chief financial officer in 2013. He served as the CEO for four years before being named in February 2017. Rajesh made a big contribution to TCS growing into a 22 billion dollar global company by the end of the fiscal year 2020.
- His tenure as the CEO is said to take effect on 15 September 2023 and with effect from 16 March 2023, Krithi Krithivasan, the organization’s president and worldwide head of the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) sector, took over as the CEO.
- While addressing his resignation, Rajesh Gopinathan said in an interview that he wishes to pursue other interests. He also said,
I have been harboring a few ideas on what I want to do in the next phase of my life. After deep reflection and in discussion with the Chairman and the Board, we decided that the end of this fiscal year is a good time for me to step aside and pursue those interests. Having worked with Krithi over the last two decades, I am confident that he is best positioned to take TCS to greater heights along with the leadership team. I will be working closely with Krithi to give him all the support that he needs.”
- In an interview, Rajesh Gopinathan said that his decision to resign from the post of MD and CEO was timed such that incoming CEO K. Krithivasan could start off with a new financial year. He further added,
From a longer-term perspective, we have brought the volatility of the pandemic to a fair state. We have registered strong growth, both off the pandemic low with 15 per cent and then over the last 9 months we have grown at 14.8 per cent. We have crossed big milestones like $7 billion. When you look forward, I don’t think there is going to be another period when there will be significant difference to stability. I asked myself, ‘If not now, will there be a better time?’ and the frank answer was I couldn’t think there could be anything better.”