Age: 42 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Dutta
- Divya Dutta is an Indian film actress and model who is noted for playing a wide variety of roles in various film genres.
- She was born and raised in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- She lost her father when she was just 7 years old.
- She made her acting debut in 1994 with the superhit film Ishq Mein Jeena Ishq Mein Marna.
- When she was young, she witnessed the Punjab insurgency and she described herself as hiding behind her mother’s dupatta “praying nobody shoots us”.
- She has played more than 60 roles in Hindi cinema, which also includes two international films.
- She was engaged to Lt. Commander Sandeep Shergill in May in the year 2005 and the couple did not get married but they were spotted together many times.
- When Divya moved to Mumbai, she developed a habit of writing a diary as she was living alone there, without her family. Slowly, she started writing columns for Hindustan Times and Express Tribune.
- She considers Amitabh Bachchan as her idol.
- In 2017, she launched her book “Me and Ma” which is based on her relationship with her mother, a doctor who raised the family singlehandedly after her father’s death.
- In her initial days in the film industry, Divya was often called the look-like of Manisha Koirala and was offered only dance songs in the films.
- She considers Juhi Chawla, Sonali Bendre, and Rajat Kapoor as his closest friends in Bollywood.
- As a child, Divya was good at studies and forbade everyone to act.
- She had a crush on Aamir Khan after watching his film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.”
- When she was in school, she received Rs. 100 for doing a TV serial. This was her first salary.
- Divya revealed during an interview that she used to be a quiet child.
- She shared an incident of her school days, she told that once she locked up her classroom, and went to the garden area of her school with her classmates. She received a scolding from her teachers.
- When asked if she was ever propositioned at work, Divya said her refusal resulted in the loss of many film roles, which went to actors who were ready to compromise. She said, “I will be lying if I say no. Every woman has been propositioned at some point or the other. But I was never directly propositioned but I lost a lot of movies because I didn’t have a sugar daddy and somebody else did.”