|Full Name||Eijaz Sattar Khan
|Famous Role||‘Jassi’ in the Bollywood film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011) and ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Cameo): Thakshak (1999)
Film (Supporting Actor): Maine Dil Tujhko Diya (2002)
TV: Kahiin To Hoga (2003)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Indian Telly Awards
2005: Best Onscreen Couple with Anita Hassanandani
Zee Gold Awards
2007: Best Dressed Man
Garv Indian TV Awards
2014: Best Onscreen Jodi of Decade with Anita Hassanandani
2017: Best Actor (Critics) for Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaagey
|Date of Birth||28 August 1976 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2023)||47 Years|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School in Chembur, Mumbai Facebook|
|College/University||• Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Mumbai
• School of International Service in American University, Washington, DC IMDb
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Civil Engineering Wikipedia|
|Religion||Islam Hindustan Times|
|Blood Group||B+ YouTube|
|Tattoo(s)||He has got five tattoos inked on his body.
• ‘Intricate Arctic Wolf Howling at the Moon’ on His Pelvis
• 'Ambigram of His Surname' On His Arm
• Ambigram of a Combination of Two Different Words, ‘Respect’ and ‘Believe’ on His Other Arm
• A Tattoo of ‘VIP Kameena’
• 'A Flying Horse, Pegasus’ on His Shoulder
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Date||3 October 2022
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Anita Hassanandani, Actor (Rumoured Ex-Fiancee) IMDb
• Natalie Di Luccio (Singer) India Today
• Nidhi Kashyap Pune Mirror
• Pavitra Punia (2020 - 2022)
|Parents||Father- Satar Khan
Mother- Shaheen (Died in 1991)
|Siblings||He has one younger sister, Suraiya Khan, and one younger brother, Imran.
|Actor(s)||Robin Williams, Al Pacino, and Robert De Niro|
|Film(s)||Mother India (1957) and The Godfather (1972)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eijaz Khan
- Eijaz Khan is an Indian film and television actor.
- His first job was to sell ICICI bonds at Chembur for which he used to get Rs. 5000 salary.
- He lived a troubled life in his childhood. When he was three years old, his parents got separated. His mother stayed back in Hyderabad with his sister, and Eijaz, along with his brother and father, moved to Mumbai
- He visited his mother again when he was in 2nd standard as his mother was very ill and was detected with the Parkinson’s disease. After 3 months, he returned to Mumbai from Hyderabad.
- His mother passed away in 1991, but he got the news of his mother’s death after many years; as there was no communication between his mother and father. By the time his sister was also born whom he never met. After 13 years of his sister’s birth, he went to Hyderabad in search of her, and Khan finally met her after 13 years.
- When Ejiaz was growing up he faced problems while living with his father due to their different lifestyles. He then decided to leave his home and get himself enrolled in an engineering college. Times of India Leaving home was not that easy for him, in an interview, he said,
I had to struggle even for a bhurji-pav that only cost 6 at the time. Don’t remember much about my mom. All I remember is my parents’ fight?”
- He was fond of dancing and started his career as a background dancer. He worked as a dancer in various Hindi films including the popular Hindi film ‘Chachi 420’ (1997).
- Some of his Bollywood films are Bhanwra’ (2008), ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011), ‘Zilla Ghaziabad’ (2013), ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015), ‘Upstarts’ (2019), and ‘Shaan’ (2020).
- The Indian film director-producer Sandiip Sikcand spotted him and offered him a role in a Hindi TV serial.
- He has acted in various Hindi TV serials, like ‘Kayaamat’ (2003), ‘Kkusum’ (2004), ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ (2004), Kkoi Dil Mein Hai’ (2004), and ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ (2005). He got immense popularity with the Hindi TV serial, ‘Kkavyanjali’ (2005) in which he played the lead role.
- He has acted in many other Hindi TV serials, including ‘Naaginn’ (2007), ‘Dil Se Diya Vachan’ (2010), ‘Punar Vivaah’ (2013), ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2015), ‘Yeh Moh Moh Ke Dhaage’ (2017), ‘Bepanah Pyaar’ (2020), and ‘Jag Janani Maa Vaishno Devi- Kahani Mata Rani Ki’ (2020).
- He has featured in popular Hindi item songs like ‘Dilli ki Sardi’ from the film ‘Zameen’ (2003) and ‘Tumhein aaj maine jo dekha’ from the film ‘Kuch Na Kaho’ (2003).
- He was popular in the 90s music videos like “Leena Ho Leena” from the album ‘DJ Doll-Kaanta Laga Remix’ (2002), “Kehdoon Tumhayn” from ‘DJ Hot Remix Vol. 1’ (2003), “Piya Tu Ab Toh Aaja” (Medley) from ‘Dance Masti’ (2003), and “Ho Gaya Mujhe Pyaar Remix” from ‘Aisa Jadoo Remix’ (2003).
- Eijaz has also acted in the Hindi web series, like ‘Halala’ (2019), ‘Mayanagari- City of Dreams’ (2019), ‘Bhram’ (2019), and ‘Kashmakash– Chat Talk’ (2020).
- He has featured in many TV commercials such as Breeze, Chloromint, TVS Victor, and BSNL.
- He became friends with the Indian TV actor Anita Hassanandani while shooting for the TV serial Kkavyanjali’ (2005). Soon, they started dating each other. There were even rumours that she got engaged to Khan. In one of the old interviews, Anita said,
Sometimes the attention becomes difficult to handle! But I have no qualms in admitting that Eijaz is one of the best things to have happened in my life. I consider myself really lucky to have come close to a wonderful person like Eijaz. People keep on asking us when we are getting married. My only request to them and everyone else is to have a bit more patience. Both of us are concentrating on our careers now and want to get settled their completely before settling down on the personal front! We will plan marriage when we feel we are ready!”
- Their happy love life started facing problems when Anita got to know that Eijaz was cheating on her, and finally they parted ways in 2010. In an interview, Eijaz said,
It was the one and only time I cheated on somebody. She came to know later and I confessed. I tried my best to repair the relationship, but we couldn’t mend the irreparable damage that had already been done. It was then that we decided it would be best to let it go. Cheating on her will remain my biggest regret.”
- Eijaz cheated Anita for the Italian-Canadian singer Natalie Di Luccio (now wife of Raghu Ram) whom he met at the airport where he returned her lost passport. They became friends and started dating each other. They were in a serious relationship, but their relationship was not meant to last long. In an interview, Eijaz said,
We were two amazing people at different phases in our lives. The root cause of our relationship falling apart was my psyche. It started going downhill during ‘Laut Aao Trisha’. I played a dark character, which turns bitter after losing his wife and daughter. Somewhere, the lines blurred between real and reel and our relationship suffered. I had to undergo therapy for depression, and it made me realise that I was superimposing my childhood memories to play the part.”
- Talking about Natalie, he further said,
Coming back to Natalie, we remain cordial. I never loved anybody like I loved her — like a child, my equal, a friend, travel partner. I don’t think it was right for me to expect Natalie to give her precious time to our relationship. I would have also advised her to focus on her career if I were her family. I am the only person who knows the real Natalie. After she left, I was very disturbed to the point of not wanting to live anymore. I would lock myself up in my room for days on end. As actors, we are emotionally fragile. On top of that, we men are expected to be macho and strong, no matter how broken we are inside.”
- Eijaz’s relationship with Nidhi Kashyap came into the media when she accused him of physically assaulting her. She filed a case against him in Amboli Police Station, Mumbai. She later patched up with Eijaz and went to stay at his apartment. Eijaz was not happy with this relationship and ended it soon after this incident. In an interview, he said,
Due to some reasons, she shifted to my apartment and we got into a relationship. But I realised after a few months that it was not what I wanted. I started telling her that it was not meant to be. But she got carried away and tried to file a police complaint against me because of which I could not attend Tanu Weds Manu promotions. I had to leave Mumbai for a couple of days because of that. She took away my pets to punish him for calling off the relationship.”
- He is a dog lover and has many pet dogs including Mukteshwar, Blossom, Katori, and Maxx. In one of his Instagram post, he wrote,
I got a female dog called Blossom, which was a first for me. When I brought her home, she was in a bad shape. She had been tied on the highway for two weeks, had maggots all over her body and had trust issues. She needed tough love but in reality, she saved me. Taking care of her helped me through the past few months.”
- He loves to play the guitar that he started learning at the age of 20.
- As a concert producer, he has worked with BTM agency; a broadcasting & media production company.
- He works out in the gym regularly to maintain his fitness.
- While talking about the embarrassing experience during romantic romps which he had, he said
Onscreen – once I was doing a heavy-duty make out scene in ‘Kavvyanjali’. The scene was OK in one take but I thought camera didn’t catch my actions while panning so I asked for the re-take then Anita turned around and gave me a look and said why do you want a retake, I had to explain her. I felt very stupid about it. I make romance perfectly in real life.”
- He was admitted in a hospital in 2019 when he was detected with Typhoid.
- He was in depression due to his troubled personal life for which he underwent therapy. In an interview, he said
I was so depressed that I went to Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh for three months. I went with no money. I was washing utensils and eating in restaurants. I haven’t spoken about this before. I was at the peak of my career, but nobody recognised me there. There, I decided it was time to focus on self-love than finding validation through anything else…I just had one pair of pants and bought 2 second-hand sweaters. And I remember just crying sitting in the mountains asking, why me? Because I had all the necessities I needed for a good, successful life, but I was not happy…I spoke to many people there, and learnt a lot. I didn’t get all my answers there, but it just changed my perspective towards life.”
- In 2020, during the coronavirus pandemic, he wrote a post on his Instagram,
There should be counselling for people, as many might have had extreme experiences during the lockdown. Now, it will be difficult to go back to normal. In the first month, I cried a lot over things like migrant labourers walking back home and I would feel guilty about having basic stuff. The pandemic forced me to delve into myself and it was the best therapy that I didn’t pay for. There were many lows, too, and I am a private person so opening up is tough. I became disillusioned, wouldn’t eat for eight hours, and ended up scrolling through social media for hours. It seemed like the lockdown wouldn’t end soon.”
- He loves to travel on his Royal Enfield motorcycle.
- Here’s an interesting video about Eijaz Khan’s biography.