|Real Name||Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan|
|Profession||English Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (Approx)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test (For England)- 27 May 2010 vs Bangladesh in London
ODI (For Ireland)- 5 August 2006 vs Scotland in Manchester
T20 (For England)- 5 June 2009 vs Netherlands in London
|Jersey Number||#16 (England)
#7 (Middlesex CCC)
|Domestic/State Teams||Middlesex, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sydney Thunder, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• As of 1st January 2017, Eoin Morgan has 8 ODI centuries to his name. Out of these 8, seven centuries have come for England while only one century came for his native team of Ireland.
• In February 2007, he scored a mammoth 209 against UAE and thus became the first Irish cricketer to slam a first-class double century.
• Morgan was named among the four Wisden Cricketers of the year in 2011.
• Morgan's best ODI knock of 124* came against his native team of Ireland in 2013.
|Career Turning Point||Morgan felt that he was wasting his time and talent while playing for Ireland, which is a non-test playing nation. Since non-test playing nations get only a handful number of opportunities a year, Morgan decided to switch over to England.|
|Date of Birth||10 September 1986|
|Age (as in 2017)||31 Years|
|Birth Place||Dublin, Ireland|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Catholic University School, Dublin, Ireland|
|College||Dulwich College, Dulwich, London (Dropout)|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Jody Morgan
Mother- Olivia Morgan
Brother- Gareth Morgan, Gavin Morgan
Sister- Laura Morgan, Gwen Morgan
|Hobbies||Reading, Fishing, Playing Golf|
|Controversies||• In September 2016, Eoin Morgan, the captain of the English ODI team, refused to tour Bangladesh citing terror attacks as his "cause of concern."
A former captain said the batsman had let his team down by refusing to attend over terror fears. Furthermore, English Journalist Piers Morgan branded the decision 'pathetic' and called for him to be sacked.
• In Early 2015, Eoin Morgan inadvertently became a victim of a high-profile controversy. Reportedly, Morgan was being blackmailed (through email) for £35,000 over a fling with an Australian woman by her partner who claimed that he had 'sexual content' exchanged by the pair in messages. After some investigation, the police traced down the emails to a guy named Nick Emery, a safety consultant in Hobart, Australia. During interrogation, it was found that the accused was the fiance of Morgan's ex- girlfriend, Brooke Tsakirakis. However, the accused soon apologized and was allowed to leave with a warning. His ex-girlfriend denied any involvement in the case.
• Time and again, Morgan has been criticized for refusing to sing the English National Anthem before the start of any match.
|Favourite Cricketer||Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Lord's Cricket Ground, London|
|Favourite Movie||Wedding Crashers (2005)|
|Favourite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Football Club||Manchester United FC|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Brooke Tsakirakis, works on the front desk of a Hobart gym (2009-2010)
Tara Ridgway, Law student at Bond University in Australia (2012-present)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eoin Morgan
- Does Eoin Morgan smoke: Not Known
- Does Eoin Morgan drink alcohol: Yes
- In his early teens, Morgan played Hurling twice a week and this helped develop his skills as a batsman, particularly as the grip for hurling is the same as for the reverse sweep, a shot at which Morgan is an expert.
- During his school days, Morgan won three senior cup titles for his school team.
- Morgan first came into limelight when he became the highest run-getter at the U-19 world cup while representing his native team, Ireland.
- Eoin Morgan made his ODI debut for Ireland against Scotland at the European Championship and became the first player in the ODI history to be dismissed for 99 in a debut match.
- On 11th March 2011, Morgan made his world cup debut for England, therefore becoming only the fourth player to have represented two different countries at the ICC World Cup.
- Morgan made headlines in 2008 IPL auctions when he became the only English player to earn a contract with an IPL franchise. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) signed him for a whopping US$220,000.
- In a T20 game against India at Wankhede Stadium in December 2012, Morgan sailed his team to the shores on the last ball. With 3 runs required of the final delivery of the game, Morgan hit a six to secure the match.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)