Age: 59 Years
Education: Commerce Graduate
Husband: Mukesh Ambani
|Profession/Occupation||Chairperson, Reliance Foundation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1963|
|Age (as of 2022)||59 Years|
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||A Bachelor's degree in Commerce|
|Family||Father- Ravindrabhai Dalal (a senior executive of the Birla group)
Mother- Purnima Dalal
Sister- Mamta Dalal (Teacher)
|Hobbies||Doing Philanthropic activities, Teaching, Dancing, Swimming, Listening to music, Travelling, Reading, Watching Movies|
|Books||Famous Five and The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||8 March 1985
|Children||Sons- Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
Daughter- Isha M. Ambani
|Grandchildren||• Her son Akash Ambani and daughter-in-law Shloka Mehta welcomed their first child together, a son, on 10 December 2020.
• On 19 November 2022, her daughter, Isha Ambani, gave birth to twins, a boy named Krishna and a girl named Aadiya. Reportedly, the delivery took place in the United States. The Indian Express
|Net Worth (as of 2018)||$40.1 billion (Rs. 2,60,622 crore)|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Flying Spur, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz S Class, Maybach 62, BMW 760li|
|Jet Collection||Boeing Business Jet 2, Falcon 900EX, Airbus 319 Corporate Jet|
|House/Estate||27 story house Antilia worth $1 billion (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nita Ambani
- She was born to Purnima Dalal and Ravindrabhai Dalal in Mumbai.
- She grew up in a middle-class joint family.
- Her Grandfather was a French Professor in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- Nita’s younger sister, Mamta Dalal is a teacher-cum-administrator at Dhirubhai Ambani School in Bandra and has taught some of the most well-known kids in the country, including Shah Rukh Khan‘s daughter, Suhana Khan, and Sachin Tendulkar‘s son, Arjun Tendulkar.
- She loves teaching very much and has a passion for teaching since her youth.
- Her earliest ambition was to become a classical dancer, and now, she has become a classic case of the accidental businesswoman.
- After getting married to Mukesh Ambani, she set up a rural school near the Patalganga Plant to harness her passion for teaching, and then she set up another school at Jamnagar and then Dhirubhai Ambani International School in South Mumbai.
- She wanted to become a lawyer but had to quit her law studies after her father-in-law fell ill.
- Once, she made Mukesh Ambani ride on a Best Bus in Mumbai in order to meet her.
- When her future father-in-law, Dhirubhai Ambani, called her after seeing her performing a Bhartanatyam dance, she could not believe that it was Dhirubhai Ambani and put the call off and when he called her for the second time and said- “I am Dhirubhai Ambani“, she replied- “Yeah so, I am Elizabeth Taylor.”
- For the first 20 years after her marriage, she was out of the limelight.
- As a part of the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), she started as the chairperson and founder of- Reliance Foundation.
- She was elected to the Board of Reliance Industries in 2014.
- On 4 August 2016, Nita Ambani became the first Indian woman to be elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).