Age: 59 Years
Husband: Mukesh Ambani
Education: Commerce Graduate
|Profession/Occupation||Chairperson, Reliance Foundation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1963|
|Age (as of 2022)||59 Years|
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||A Bachelor's degree in Commerce|
|Family||Father- Ravindrabhai Dalal (a senior executive of the Birla group)
Mother- Purnima Dalal
Sister- Mamta Dalal (Teacher)
|Hobbies||Doing Philanthropic activities, Teaching, Dancing, Swimming, Listening to music, Travelling, Reading, Watching Movies|
|Books||Famous Five and The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||8 March 1985
|Children||Sons- Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
Daughter- Isha M. Ambani
|Grandchildren||• Her son Akash Ambani and daughter-in-law Shloka Mehta welcomed their first child together, a son named Prithvi, on 10 December 2020. They welcomed their second child, a baby girl, on 31 May 2023. India Today
• On 19 November 2022, her daughter, Isha Ambani, gave birth to twins, a boy named Krishna and a girl named Aadiya. Reportedly, the delivery took place in the United States. The Indian Express
|Net Worth (as of 2018)||$40.1 billion (Rs. 2,60,622 crore)|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Flying Spur, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz S Class, Maybach 62, BMW 760li|
|Jet Collection||Boeing Business Jet 2, Falcon 900EX, Airbus 319 Corporate Jet|
|House/Estate||27 story house Antilia worth $1 billion (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nita Ambani
- She was born to Purnima Dalal and Ravindrabhai Dalal in Mumbai.
- She grew up in a middle-class joint family.
- Her Grandfather was a French Professor in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- Nita’s younger sister, Mamta Dalal is a teacher-cum-administrator at Dhirubhai Ambani School in Bandra and has taught some of the most well-known kids in the country, including Shah Rukh Khan‘s daughter, Suhana Khan, and Sachin Tendulkar‘s son, Arjun Tendulkar.
- She loves teaching very much and has a passion for teaching since her youth.
- Her earliest ambition was to become a classical dancer, and now, she has become a classic case of the accidental businesswoman.
- After getting married to Mukesh Ambani, she set up a rural school near the Patalganga Plant to harness her passion for teaching, and then she set up another school at Jamnagar and then Dhirubhai Ambani International School in South Mumbai.
- She wanted to become a lawyer but had to quit her law studies after her father-in-law fell ill.
- Once, she made Mukesh Ambani ride on a Best Bus in Mumbai in order to meet her.
- When her future father-in-law, Dhirubhai Ambani, called her after seeing her performing a Bhartanatyam dance, she could not believe that it was Dhirubhai Ambani and put the call off and when he called her for the second time and said- “I am Dhirubhai Ambani“, she replied- “Yeah so, I am Elizabeth Taylor.”
- For the first 20 years after her marriage, she was out of the limelight.
- As a part of the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), she started as the chairperson and founder of- Reliance Foundation.
- She was elected to the Board of Reliance Industries in 2014.
- On 4 August 2016, Nita Ambani became the first Indian woman to be elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- Nita Ambani stepped down from the Reliance Board on 28 August 2023, while Isha Ambani, Akash Ambani, and Anant Ambani joined the board. Nita continued serving as the chairperson of the Reliance Industries. Mint