Age: 61 Years
Hometown: Bhalki, Karnataka
Wife: Geeta Khandre
|Full name||Eshwar Bheemanna Khandre|
|Other name(s)||• Ishwar Khandre
• Eshwar Khandre
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Indian National Congress (INC)
• Contested and lost the 2004 Karnataka Vidhan Sabha elections from the Bhalki constituency on INC's ticket
• Contested and won the 2008, 2013, 2018, and 2023 Karnataka Vidhan Sabha elections from the Bhalki constituency on INC's ticket
• Minister in charge of the Bidar district (2016-2018)
• Minister of State of Municipalities & Local bodies and Public Enterprises (2016-2018)
• Appointed as the president of the working committee of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) (2018-present)
|Date of Birth||15 January 1962 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhalki, Mysore State (now Karnataka), India|
|Hometown||Bhalki, Karnataka, India|
|College/University||Poojya Doddappa Appa College of Engineering, Gulbarga University, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech (1985) MyNeta|
|Caste/Community||Lingayat The Times of India|
|Address||4/6/92, Khandre Galli, Bhalki Post, Bhalki – 585328, Karnataka, India|
|Controversies||Cases where Pending
• 2 charges related to Punishment for bribery (IPC Section-171E)
• 4 charges related to Punishment for Being a member of an unlawful assembly (IPC Section-143)
• 4 charges related to Punishment for public nuisance in cases not otherwise provided for (IPC Section-290)
• 4 charges related to Acts endangering the life or personal safety of others (IPC Section-336)
• 4 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of an offence committed in prosecution of a common object (IPC Section-149)
• 4 charges related to Unlawful assembly (IPC Section-141)
• 1 charge related to Negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life (IPC Section-269) MyNeta
Reprimanded by the court of law
In 2020, Eshwara was reprimanded by the Karnataka High Court after he failed to acknowledge the notice sent to him by the court in 2018 after a case was filed against him in which the petitioner had raised questions over his victory in the 2018 Vidhan Sabha elections. In his defense, Eshwara said that he was not aware of receiving a notice as the court served the notice to his Personal Assistant (PA), Mainalle Basavaraj Baburao, who did not tell Eshwara about it as he forgot due to dementia. The court, however, fined Eshwara Rs. 5 lakhs. In a similar way, Eshawara did not respond to a notice sent by another court of law in 2019 as a result of which he was declared ex parte. The Hindu
Flouting the Model Code of Conduct (MCC)
While campaigning for the 2023 Vidhan Sabha elections in Karnataka, a case was registered against Eshwara by the police under section 171E (punishment for bribery) for violating the MCC norms laid by the ECI. According to the sources, Eshwara and his supporters were caught red-handed by the BJP workers while distributing sarees in the Bhalki constituency following which the BJP workers called the cops and lodged a complaint. Hindustan
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Bheemanna Khandre (freedom fighter, politician, served as an MLA in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly four times)
Mother- Laxmibai Khandre
|Siblings||Brother- Vijaykumar Khandre (died in April 2019 due to cardiac arrest, politician, served twice as an MLA in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly)
• Cash: Rs. 18,50,000
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 30,55,225
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs. 56,100
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 49,89,200
• Jewellery: Rs. 23,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2023. It excludes the assets owned by his wife MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 64,49,472
Note: The net worth was for the year 2023. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors). MyNeta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eshwara Khandre
- Eshwara Khandre is an Indian politician, educationist, and INC member, who has served in the Karnataka Vidhan Sabha as a Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) several times. He hit the headlines in May 2023 after he won the Karnataka state assembly elections.
- His journey as a politician began after he joined the Indian National Congress and enlisted in the Congress Seva Dal. He later attended a training module conducted by the Congress Seva Dal.
- His father played an eminent role in leading the Co-operative Movement in Madra.
- In 2004, he was defeated by Prakash Khandre, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member. in the state assembly elections.
- Khandre defeated Prakash in the 2008 Vidhan Sabha elections by 20,971 votes.
- He won the 2013 Vidhan Sabha elections by receiving a total of 58,012 votes.
- In 2018, he won the state assembly election by securing a total of 84,673 votes.
- In 2023, Eshwara Khandre received 99,451 votes and emerged as a victor in the legislative assembly polls.
- He is a travel enthusiast.
- Eshwara Khandre has held the position of the secretary general of the All India Veerashaiva Mahasabha and the chairman of the Shantivardhak Education Society.
- Speaker of the Karnataka Vidhan Sabha Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri threatened to throw out Eshwara Khandre in February 2023 after Eshwara did not pay heed to the speaker’s instructions and continued to talk to him in an unruly manner. The speaker, while warning Eshwara, said,
You are taking the House for a ride and are causing disrespect to the Speaker’s chair. I will throw you out of the House. I am warning you…”